Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 + 3
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Pigeon, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 + 3 antibody
See all Ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 + 3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 + 3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Pigeon, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Bird, Monkey
Synthetic peptide within Human Ionotropic glutamate receptor 2 + 3 aa 850 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P42262
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody was affinity purified.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27225 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
RelevanceIon channels activated by glutamate are typically divided into two classes. Those sensitive to N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) are designated NMDA receptors (NMDAR) while those activated by a-amino-3-hydroxy-5-methyl-4-isoxalone propionic acid (AMPA) are known as AMPA receptors (AMPAR). AMPAR are comprised of four distinct Glutamate Receptor Subunits (GluR1-4) and they play key roles in almost all excitatory neurotransmission in the brain. The GluR2 subunit is widely expressed throughout the nervous system where it is thought to play key roles in synaptic plasticity and learning and memory.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane; multi-pass membrane protein.
- AMPA selective glutamate receptor 2 antibody
- AMPA selective glutamate receptor 3 antibody
- GluR K2 antibody
ab27225 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Ripka S et al. Glutamate receptor GRIA3--target of CUX1 and mediator of tumor progression in pancreatic cancer. Neoplasia 12:659-67 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20689760
- Cabral AL et al. GluR2/3 label expression of the AMPA-type glutamate receptor in the hippocampal formation of the homing pigeon stabilizes just after birth. Neurosci Lett 483:73-7 (2010). IHC-FoFr, WB ; Pigeon . PubMed: 20674673