Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IQGAP1
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IQGAP1 antibody
See all IQGAP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IQGAP1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Ferret, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Elephant
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to a region between residues 1 and 50 of human IQGAP1 (NP_003861.1)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab86064 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to IQGAP1 immobilized on solid suppo
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86064 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 189 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 189 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionBinds to activated CDC42 but does not stimulate its GTPase activity. It associates with calmodulin. Could serve as an assembly scaffold for the organization of a multimolecular complex that would interface incoming signals to the reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton at the plasma membrane. May promote neurite outgrowth.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the placenta, lung, and kidney. A lower level expression is seen in the heart, liver, skeletal muscle and pancreas.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 CH (calponin-homology) domain.
Contains 4 IQ domains.
Contains 1 Ras-GAP domain.
Contains 1 WW domain.
DomainRegions C1 and C2 can either interact with nucleotide-free CDC42, or interact together, depending on the phosphorylation state of Ser-1443. When Ser-1443 is not phosphorylated, C1 and C2 interact, which prevents binding of nucleotide-free CDC42 and promotes binding of GTP-bound CDC42. Phosphorylation of Ser-1443 prevents interaction between C1 and C2, which opens the structure of the C-terminus and allows binding and sequestration of nucleotide-free CDC42 on both C1 and C2.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-1443 by PKC prevents interaction between C1 and C2, allowing binding of nucleotide-free CDC42. Ser-1443 phosphorylation enhances the ability to promote neurite outgrowth.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- HUMORFA01 antibody
- IQ motif containing GTPase activating protein 1 antibody
- IQGA1_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-IQGAP1 antibody (ab86064) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 189 kDa
Observed band size: 189 kDa
Additional bands at: 238 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 10 seconds
Detection of IQGAP1 by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate.
ab86064 at 0.4µg/ml staining IQGAP1 in HeLa whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab86064 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane).
Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure time of 10 seconds.
ab86064 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Li JH et al. IQGAP1 Maintains Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma Clonogenic Growth and Metastasis. Pancreas 48:94-98 (2019). PubMed: 30540680
- Civciristov S et al. Ligand-dependent spatiotemporal signaling profiles of the µ-opioid receptor are controlled by distinct protein-interaction networks. J Biol Chem 294:16198-16213 (2019). PubMed: 31515267
- Zheng X et al. The phenotype of vascular smooth muscle cells co-cultured with endothelial cells is modulated by PDGFR-ß/IQGAP1 signaling in LPS-induced intravascular injury. Int J Med Sci 16:1149-1156 (2019). PubMed: 31523178
- Lee BH et al. IQGAP1 is an oncogenic target in canine melanoma. PLoS One 12:e0176370 (2017). WB ; Dog . PubMed: 28445541
- Naidu S et al. PDGFR-modulated miR-23b cluster and miR-125a-5p suppress lung tumorigenesis by targeting multiple components of KRAS and NF-kB pathways. Sci Rep 7:15441 (2017). PubMed: 29133857
- Gocke CB et al. IQGAP1 Scaffold-MAP Kinase Interactions Enhance Multiple Myeloma Clonogenic Growth and Self-Renewal. Mol Cancer Ther 15:2733-2739 (2016). PubMed: 27573425
- Jameson KL et al. IQGAP1 scaffold-kinase interaction blockade selectively targets RAS-MAP kinase-driven tumors. Nat Med 19:626-30 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23603816
- Tekletsadik YK et al. A conserved role of IQGAP1 in regulating TOR complex 1. J Cell Sci 125:2041-52 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 22328503