Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IRAKM
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IRAKM antibody
See all IRAKM primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IRAKM
SpecificityAnti-IRAK-M has no cross response to IRAK or IRAK2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Human
- Mouse spleen or rat kidney tissue lysate.
Interleukin-1 (IL-1) and lipopolysaccharide (LPS)induces cellular response through IL-1 receptor (IL-1R) and Toll like receptors (TLR). IL-1 receptor associated kinase (IRAK and IRAK2) mediates the activation of NF-kB by IL-1/Toll receptors (Wesche H et al.1999,Muzio M et al.1997), which is a pivotal transcription factor mediating inflammatory and immune response. A novel member in theIRAK/Pelle family was recently identified and designated IRAK-M (Cao Z et al.1996). IRAKs associate with IL-1/Toll receptors after IL-1 or LPS stimulation and thedominant negative mutants of IRAKs inhibit IL-1 orLPS induced NF-kB activation. Members inIRAK/Pelle family play a central role in IL-1R/TLRmediated inflammatory responses to cytokine IL-1and LPS.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by ion exchange chromatography. IRAK-M Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
Primary antibody notesInterleukin-1 (IL-1) and lipopolysaccharide (LPS)induces cellular response through IL-1 receptor (IL-1R) and Toll like receptors (TLR). IL-1 receptor associated kinase (IRAK and IRAK2) mediates the activation of NF-kB by IL-1/Toll receptors (Wesche H et al.1999,Muzio M et al.1997), which is a pivotal transcription factor mediating inflammatory and immune response. A novel member in theIRAK/Pelle family was recently identified and designated IRAK-M (Cao Z et al.1996). IRAKs associate with IL-1/Toll receptors after IL-1 or LPS stimulation and thedominant negative mutants of IRAKs inhibit IL-1 orLPS induced NF-kB activation. Members inIRAK/Pelle family play a central role in IL-1R/TLRmediated inflammatory responses to cytokine IL-1and LPS.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8116 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionInhibits dissociation of IRAK1 and IRAK4 from the Toll-like receptor signaling complex by either inhibiting the phosphorylation of IRAK1 and IRAK4 or stabilizing the receptor complex.
Tissue specificityExpressed predominantly in peripheral blood lymphocytes.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in IRAK3 are associated with susceptibility to asthma-related traits type 5 (ASRT5) [MIM:611064]. Asthma-related traits include clinical symptoms of asthma, such as coughing, wheezing, dyspnea, bronchial hyperresponsiveness as assessed by methacholine challenge test, serum IgE levels, atopy, and atopic dermatitis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. TKL Ser/Thr protein kinase family. Pelle subfamily.
Contains 1 death domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- ASRT5 antibody
- IL 1 receptor associated kinase M antibody
- IL-1 receptor-associated kinase M antibody
All lanes : Anti-IRAKM antibody (ab8116) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse spleen tissue lysates
Lane 2 : Rat liver tissue lysate
Observed band size: 68 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Western blot analysis of IRAKM in mouse spleen (M) and rat liver (R) tissue lysates with anti-IRAKM at 1
g /ml. µ
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) of A20 cells staining IRAKM with ab8116 at 20 µg/ml
Immunohistochemical staining of rat liver tissue using IRAK-M antibody at 2 µg/ml.
ab8116 at 2µg/ml staining IRAKM in rat liver cells by IHC
ab8116 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Al-Qahtani AA et al. Middle east respiratory syndrome corona virus spike glycoprotein suppresses macrophage responses via DPP4-mediated induction of IRAK-M and PPAR?. Oncotarget 8:9053-9066 (2017). PubMed: 28118607
- Udgata A et al. Transduction of Functionally Contrasting Signals by Two Mycobacterial PPE Proteins Downstream of TLR2 Receptors. J Immunol 197:1776-87 (2016). PubMed: 27481848
- Hayashi T et al. Induction of Tolerogenic Dendritic Cells by a PEGylated TLR7 Ligand for Treatment of Type 1 Diabetes. PLoS One 10:e0129867 (2015). PubMed: 26076454
- Ballinger MN et al. TLR signaling prevents hyperoxia-induced lung injury by protecting the alveolar epithelium from oxidant-mediated death. J Immunol 189:356-64 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22661086
- Kobayashi H et al. Neutrophils activate alveolar macrophages by producing caspase-6-mediated cleavage of IL-1 receptor-associated kinase-M. J Immunol 186:403-10 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21098228
- Villar J et al. Mechanical ventilation modulates TLR4 and IRAK-3 in a non-infectious, ventilator-induced lung injury model. Respir Res 11:27 (2010). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 20199666
- Lyn-Kew K et al. IRAK-M regulates chromatin remodeling in lung macrophages during experimental sepsis. PLoS One 5:e11145 (2010). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 20585389
- Kallapur SG et al. Pulmonary and Systemic Endotoxin Tolerance in Preterm Fetal Sheep Exposed to Chorioamnionitis. J Immunol 179:8491-8499 (2007). WB ; Sheep . PubMed: 18056396
- Hedl M et al. Chronic stimulation of Nod2 mediates tolerance to bacterial products. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:19440-5 (2007). PubMed: 18032608
- Stathopoulos GT et al. Epithelial NF-kappaB activation promotes urethane-induced lung carcinogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:18514-9 (2007). PubMed: 18000061