Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [9F2] to IRE1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-IRE1 antibody [9F2]
See all IRE1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [9F2] to IRE1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Purified recombinant fragment of Human IRE1 (aa282-433) expressed in E.coli.
- Raji, A431, Jurkat, Hela and HEK293 cell lysate; Human brain and stomach tissue.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96481 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 110 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/400.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionSenses unfolded proteins in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum via its N-terminal domain which leads to enzyme auto-activation. The active endoribonuclease domain splices XBP1 mRNA to generate a new C-terminus, converting it into a potent unfolded-protein response transcriptional activator and triggering growth arrest and apoptosis.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. High levels observed in pancreatic tissue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 KEN domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) to nucleus signalling 1 antibody
- Endoplasmic reticulum to nucleus signaling 1 antibody
- Endoplasmic reticulum-to-nucleus signaling 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-IRE1 antibody [9F2] (ab96481) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Raji cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 5 : HEK293 cell lysate
Predicted band size: 110 kDa
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded Human brain tissue (A) and stomach tissue (B), showing cytoplasmic localization using ab96481 at 1/200 dilution with DAB staining.
Overlay histogram showing Raji cells stained with ab96481 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab96481, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in Raji cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab96481 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Li K et al. Deficiency of the IRE1a-Autophagy Axis Enhances the Antitumor Effects of the Oncolytic Virus M1. J Virol 92:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29263275
- Jeon YJ et al. miRNA-mediated TUSC3 deficiency enhances UPR and ERAD to promote metastatic potential of NSCLC. Nat Commun 9:5110 (2018). PubMed: 30504895
- Ohana J et al. dTCApFs, a derivative of a novel human hormone peptide, induces apoptosis in cancer cells through a mechanism involving loss of Golgi function. Mol Clin Oncol 7:991-999 (2017). PubMed: 29285362
- Wang L et al. Gemcitabine treatment induces endoplasmic reticular (ER) stress and subsequently upregulates urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) to block mitochondrial-dependent apoptosis in Panc-1 cancer stem-like cells (CSCs). PLoS One 12:e0184110 (2017). PubMed: 28854261
- Tamura K et al. SHISA2 enhances the aggressive phenotype in prostate cancer through the regulation of WNT5A expression. Oncol Lett 14:6650-6658 (2017). PubMed: 29344118