Product nameAnti-IRE1 antibody
See all IRE1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IRE1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide consisting of 16 amino acid from near the carboxy terminus (Human).
- WB: A20 cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37073 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 107 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 110 kDa).
Please note there is a smaller isoform of IRE1 in rat (predicted molecular weight:68.6kDa; accession number is EDM06401). Block for 2 hours at RT or overnight at 4C using 5% non-fat milk.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ICC||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionSenses unfolded proteins in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum via its N-terminal domain which leads to enzyme auto-activation. The active endoribonuclease domain splices XBP1 mRNA to generate a new C-terminus, converting it into a potent unfolded-protein response transcriptional activator and triggering growth arrest and apoptosis.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. High levels observed in pancreatic tissue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 KEN domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) to nucleus signalling 1 antibody
- Endoplasmic reticulum to nucleus signaling 1 antibody
- Endoplasmic reticulum-to-nucleus signaling 1 antibody
Western Blot of rat brain lysate labeling IRE1 with Anti-IRE1 antibody (ab37073) at (1) 0.5 and (2) 1µg/ml.
Lane 1 : Anti-IRE1 antibody (ab37073) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-IRE1 antibody (ab37073) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-IRE1 antibody (ab37073) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : A20 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 110 kDa
Observed band size: 107 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab37073, at 1 µg/ml, staining IRE1 in A20 cells with by ICC.
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence of IRE1p in A20 cells using ab37073 at 2 ug/ml.
This product has been referenced in:
- Trotta MC et al. The activation of retinal HCA2 receptors by systemic beta-hydroxybutyrate inhibits diabetic retinal damage through reduction of endoplasmic reticulum stress and the NLRP3 inflammasome. PLoS One 14:e0211005 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30657794) »
- Pandey VK et al. Activation of PERK-eIF2a-ATF4 pathway contributes to diabetic hepatotoxicity: Attenuation of ER stress by Morin. Cell Signal 59:41-52 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30877037) »