Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IRE1 (phospho S724) (Biotin)
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Conjugation: Biotin
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IRE1 (phospho S724) antibody (Biotin)
See all IRE1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IRE1 (phospho S724) (Biotin)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Does not react with: Monkey
Synthetic peptide surrounding the phosphorylated serine 724 of human IRE1.
- Glucose treated pancreatic islets and endogenous protein of pancreatic beta cells and insuli. COS-7 expressing wild-type IRE1. Min6 cells treated with glucose.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: 30% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81936 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 110 kDa).|
FunctionSenses unfolded proteins in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum via its N-terminal domain which leads to enzyme auto-activation. The active endoribonuclease domain splices XBP1 mRNA to generate a new C-terminus, converting it into a potent unfolded-protein response transcriptional activator and triggering growth arrest and apoptosis.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. High levels observed in pancreatic tissue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 KEN domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) to nucleus signalling 1 antibody
- Endoplasmic reticulum to nucleus signaling 1 antibody
- Endoplasmic reticulum-to-nucleus signaling 1 antibody
ab81936 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- He Y et al. Palmitic acid, but not high-glucose, induced myocardial apoptosis is alleviated by N-acetylcysteine due to attenuated mitochondrial-derived ROS accumulation-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress. Cell Death Dis 9:568 (2018). PubMed: 29752433