Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5253] to IRE1 (phospho S724)
- Suitable for: WB, Dot blot
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-IRE1 (phospho S724) antibody [EPR5253]
See all IRE1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5253] to IRE1 (phospho S724)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Dot blotmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human IRE1 aa 700-800 (phospho S724). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: O75460
- WB: Thapsigargin treated HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysate, DTT treated HEK-293 (Human embryonic kidney epithelial cell) whole cell lysate.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 1.10 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 59% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124945 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 110 kDa.|
FunctionSenses unfolded proteins in the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum via its N-terminal domain which leads to enzyme auto-activation. The active endoribonuclease domain splices XBP1 mRNA to generate a new C-terminus, converting it into a potent unfolded-protein response transcriptional activator and triggering growth arrest and apoptosis.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed. High levels observed in pancreatic tissue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 KEN domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Endoplasmic reticulum (ER) to nucleus signalling 1 antibody
- Endoplasmic reticulum to nucleus signaling 1 antibody
- Endoplasmic reticulum-to-nucleus signaling 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-IRE1 (phospho S724) antibody [EPR5253] (ab124945) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) treated with 1uM Thapsigargin for 1 hour whole cell lysates
Lane 3 : HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) treated with 1uM Thapsigargin for 6 hours whole cell lysates
Lane 4 : HEK-293 (Human embryonic kidney epithelial cell) whole cell lysates
Lane 5 : HEK-293 (Human embryonic kidney epithelial cell) treated with 10mM DTT for 1 hour whole cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 110 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa
Exposure time: 180 seconds
Blocking/Diluting buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Dot Blot analysis of Lane 1: IRE1 (pS724) phospho peptide and Lane 2: IRE1 non-phospho peptide labeling IRE1 (phospho S724) with ab124945 at 1/1000 dilution. 5% NFDM/TBST was used as the diluting and blocking buffer. ab97051 Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated was used as the secondary antibody at 1/100000 dilution. Exposure time: 3 minutes.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab124945 has been referenced in 46 publications.
- Lee S et al. A post-transcriptional program of chemoresistance by AU-rich elements and TTP in quiescent leukemic cells. Genome Biol 21:33 (2020). PubMed: 32039742
- Huo M et al. EGFR targeting enhances the efficiency of chemotherapy through inhibiting IRE1a-XBP1s pathway in colorectal cancer cells. J Cancer 11:4464-4473 (2020). PubMed: 32489465
- Hotokezaka Y et al. ATM-associated signalling triggers the unfolded protein response and cell death in response to stress. Commun Biol 3:378 (2020). PubMed: 32665601
- Wu S et al. An integrated PKD1-dependent signaling network amplifies IRE1 prosurvival signaling. J Biol Chem 294:11119-11130 (2019). PubMed: 31167779
- Liu Y et al. High glucose and bupivacaine-induced cytotoxicity is mediated by enhanced apoptosis and impaired autophagy via the PERK-ATF4-CHOP and IRE1-TRAF2 signaling pathways. Mol Med Rep 20:2832-2842 (2019). PubMed: 31524237