Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to IRF5
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IRF5 antibody
See all IRF5 primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to IRF5
SpecificityThis antibody is expected to recognize all four reported isoforms (NP_002191.1; NP_116032.1; NP_001092097.1; NP_001092099.1).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant Human IRF5 protein
- WB: Human spleen tissue lysate, A549 cell lysate.
Principal Names – IRF5; interferon regulatory factor 5 Official Gene Symbol - IRF5 GenBank Accession Number – NP_002191; NP_116032 LocusLink ID - 3663 (human) Gene Ontology terms - RNA polymerase III transcription factor; cell growth and/or maintenance
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2932 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55,60,65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 58 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in IRF5 are associated with susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease type 14 (IBD14) [MIM:612245]. IBD14 is a chronic, relapsing inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract with a complex etiology. It is subdivided into Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis phenotypes. Crohn disease may affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from the mouth to the anus, but most frequently it involves the terminal ileum and colon. Bowel inflammation is transmural and discontinuous; it may contain granulomas or be associated with intestinal or perianal fistulas. In contrast, in ulcerative colitis, the inflammation is continuous and limited to rectal and colonic mucosal layers; fistulas and granulomas are not observed. Both diseases include extraintestinal inflammation of the skin, eyes, or joints.
Genetic variations in IRF5 are associated with susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus type 10 (SLEB10) [MIM:612251]. Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is a chronic, inflammatory and often febrile multisystemic disorder of connective tissue. It affects principally the skin, joints, kidneys and serosal membranes. It is thought to represent a failure of the regulatory mechanisms of the autoimmune system.
Genetic variations in IRF5 are a cause of susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) [MIM:180300]. It is a systemic inflammatory disease with autoimmune features and a complex genetic component. It primarily affects the joints and is characterized by inflammatory changes in the synovial membranes and articular structures, widespread fibrinoid degeneration of the collagen fibers in mesenchymal tissues, and by atrophy and rarefaction of bony structures.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IRF family.
Contains 1 IRF tryptophan pentad repeat DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Interferon regulatory factor 5 antibody
- Interferon regulatory factor 5 bone marrow variant antibody
- IRF 5 antibody
All lanes : Anti-IRF5 antibody (ab2932) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human Spleen (in RIPA buffer)
Lane 2 : A549 cell lysate (in RIPA buffer)
Lane 3 : A549 cell lysate (in RIPA buffer) with peptide
Lysates/proteins at 35 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 58 kDa
Observed band size: 55,60,65 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Primary incubation 1 hour at room temperature. Detected by chemiluminescence.
ab2932 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Rodríguez M et al. Fungal pattern receptors down-regulate the inflammatory response by a cross-inhibitory mechanism independent of interleukin-10 production. Immunology 150:184-198 (2017). PubMed: 27709605
- Cushing L et al. IRAK4 kinase activity controls Toll-like receptor-induced inflammation through the transcription factor IRF5 in primary human monocytes. J Biol Chem 292:18689-18698 (2017). PubMed: 28924041
- Li D et al. Specific detection of interferon regulatory factor 5 (IRF5): A case of antibody inequality. Sci Rep 6:31002 (2016). PubMed: 27481535
- Massimino M et al. IRF5 is a target of BCR-ABL kinase activity and reduces CML cell proliferation. Carcinogenesis 35:1132-43 (2014). Human . PubMed: 24445143
- McEwan WA et al. Intracellular antibody-bound pathogens stimulate immune signaling via the Fc receptor TRIM21. Nat Immunol 14:327-36 (2013). PubMed: 23455675