Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IRF8
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IRF8 antibody
See all IRF8 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IRF8
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Zebrafish
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28696 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
FunctionSpecifically binds to the upstream regulatory region of type I IFN and IFN-inducible MHC class I genes (the interferon consensus sequence (ICS)). Plays a negative regulatory role in cells of the immune system.
Tissue specificityPredominantly in lymphoid tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IRF family.
Contains 1 IRF tryptophan pentad repeat DNA-binding domain.
modificationsUbiquitinated. Ubiquitination by TRIM21 in macrophages, a process that is strongly increased upon interferon gamma stimulation, leds to the enhanced transcriptional activity of target cytokine genes.
- Information by UniProt
- H ICSBP antibody
- H-ICSBP antibody
- HGNC:5358 antibody
Anti-IRF8 antibody (ab28696) at 1.25 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 54 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Western blot with ab28696 at 1.25µg/ml using HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG diluted in 1/50000 - 1/100000 as secondary antibody and jurkat cell lysate at a gel concentration of 12%.
Immunohistochemistry of Human Liver cell lysate tissue (ab28696)
Immunohistochemistry of Human Intestine tissue (ab28696)
ab28696 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Wang Y et al. Electroacupuncture Treatment Suppresses Transcription Factor IRF8 in Spinal Cord of Rats with Spared Nerve Injury. Pain Res Manag 2020:1854363 (2020). PubMed: 32351637
- Zhou T et al. Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Attenuates M1 Microglia-Mediated Neuroinflammation in Retinal Degeneration. Front Immunol 9:1202 (2018). PubMed: 29899745
- Yang Q et al. Interferonregulatoryfactor-8(IRF-8) regulates the expression of matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP-13) in chondrocytes. Cell Stress Chaperones 23:393-398 (2018). PubMed: 29247272
- Zhong W et al. Increased expression of IRF8 in tumor cells inhibits the generation of Th17 cells and predicts unfavorable survival of diffuse large B cell lymphoma patients. Oncotarget 8:49757-49772 (2017). PubMed: 28537908
- McEwan WA et al. Intracellular antibody-bound pathogens stimulate immune signaling via the Fc receptor TRIM21. Nat Immunol 14:327-36 (2013). PubMed: 23455675
- Woo AJ et al. Developmental differences in IFN signaling affect GATA1s-induced megakaryocyte hyperproliferation. J Clin Invest N/A:N/A (2013). IHC-P . PubMed: 23863621
- Stein MF et al. Multiple interferon regulatory factor and NF-?B sites cooperate in mediating cell-type- and maturation-specific activation of the human CD83 promoter in dendritic cells. Mol Cell Biol 33:1331-44 (2013). PubMed: 23339870