Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IRGM
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69494 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 21-46 kDa). please refer to databases and the literature for the expected molecular weights of species orthologues.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionPutative GTPase which is required for clearance of acute protozoan and bacterial infections. Functions in innate immune response probably through regulation of autophagy. May regulate proinflammatory cytokine production and prevent endotoxemia upon infection. May also play a role in macrophages adhesion and motility.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed (at protein level). Expressed in several tissues including colon, small bowel and peripheral blood leukocytes.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in IRGM are the cause of susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease type 19 (IBD19) [MIM:612278]. A chronic, relapsing inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract with a complex etiology. It is subdivided into Crohn disease and ulcerative colitis phenotypes. Crohn disease may affect any part of the gastrointestinal tract from the mouth to the anus, but most frequently it involves the terminal ileum and colon. Bowel inflammation is transmural and discontinuous; it may contain granulomas or be associated with intestinal or perianal fistulas. In contrast, in ulcerative colitis, the inflammation is continuous and limited to rectal and colonic mucosal layers; fistulas and granulomas are not observed. Both diseases include extraintestinal inflammation of the skin, eyes, or joints.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the interferon-inducible GTPase family.
Cellular localizationGolgi apparatus membrane. Cell membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle > phagosome membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle > autophagosome membrane. Cell projection > phagocytic cup. Behaves like an integral membrane protein (By similarity). Recruited to the plasma membrane around forming phagocytic cups, it remains associated with maturing autophagosomes (By similarity). Preferentially associated with cis- and medial-Golgi.
- Information by UniProt
- IFI1 antibody
- Iigp3 antibody
- Iipg3 antibody
Paraffin-embedded human thymus tissue stained for IRGM using ab69494 at 5 µg/ml in immunohistochemical analysis.
IHC image of ab69494 staining in normal human hippocampus formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab69494, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab69494 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Mehto S et al. The Crohn's Disease Risk Factor IRGM Limits NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation by Impeding Its Assembly and by Mediating Its Selective Autophagy. Mol Cell 73:429-445.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30612879
- Ajayi TA et al. Crohn's disease IRGM risk alleles are associated with altered gene expression in human tissues. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 316:G95-G105 (2019). PubMed: 30335469
- He WP & Wang LL High expression of AGBL2 is a novel prognostic factor of adverse outcome in patients with ovarian carcinoma. Oncol Lett 18:4900-4906 (2019). PubMed: 31612000
- Kumar S et al. Mechanism of Stx17 recruitment to autophagosomes via IRGM and mammalian Atg8 proteins. J Cell Biol 217:997-1013 (2018). PubMed: 29420192
- Hansen MD et al. Hepatitis C virus triggers Golgi fragmentation and autophagy through the immunity-related GTPase M. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:E3462-E3471 (2017). PubMed: 28389568
- Springer HM et al. Irgm1 (LRG-47), a regulator of cell-autonomous immunity, does not localize to mycobacterial or listerial phagosomes in IFN-?-induced mouse cells. J Immunol 191:1765-74 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23842753
- Singh SB et al. Human IRGM regulates autophagy and cell-autonomous immunity functions through mitochondria. Nat Cell Biol 12:1154-65 (2010). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 21102437