Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IRS1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IRS1 antibody
See all IRS1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IRS1
Specificityab52167 detects endogenous levels of total IRS1 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human IRS1. Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human IRS1 around the phosphorylation site of serine 307 (T-E-S-I-T).
Database link: P35568
- Human breast carcinoma tissue and A431 cell extarcts.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52167 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 132 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.
Antigen retrieval: Microwave method - put the slice into 10 mmol/L citrate buffer (pH 6.0), microwave high temperature for 5 minutes, and then medium temperature for 15 minutes.
Primary antibody incubation: 1 hour at 37°C
Secondary antibody: Poly-HRP-Anti Mouse/Rabbit IgG, 50 µL for 30 minutes.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionMay mediate the control of various cellular processes by insulin. When phosphorylated by the insulin receptor binds specifically to various cellular proteins containing SH2 domains such as phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase p85 subunit or GRB2. Activates phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase when bound to the regulatory p85 subunit.
Involvement in diseasePolymorphisms in IRS1 may be involved in the etiology of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) [MIM:125853].
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 IRS-type PTB domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
modificationsSerine phosphorylation of IRS1 is a mechanism for insulin resistance. Ser-312 phosphorylation inhibits insulin action through disruption of IRS1 interaction with the insulin receptor.
Phosphorylation of Tyr-896 is required for GRB2-binding.
- Information by UniProt
- HIRS 1 antibody
- HIRS1 antibody
- Insulin receptor substrate 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-IRS1 antibody (ab52167) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : A431 cell extract
Lane 2 : A431 cell extract with immunising peptide
Lysates/proteins at 5 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 132 kDa
Observed band size: >175 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab52167 at 1/50 dilution staining IRS1 in human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemsitry, Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
ICC/IF image of ab52167 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab52167, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab52167 has been referenced in 34 publications.
- Ren Y et al. CRNDE promotes cell tongue squamous cell carcinoma cell growth and invasion through suppressing miR-384. J Cell Biochem 120:155-163 (2019). PubMed: 30242873
- Hwang JH et al. TAZ couples Hippo/Wnt signalling and insulin sensitivity through Irs1 expression. Nat Commun 10:421 (2019). PubMed: 30679431
- Tan J & Guo L Swimming intervention alleviates insulin resistance and chronic inflammation in metabolic syndrome. Exp Ther Med 17:57-62 (2019). PubMed: 30651765
- Tian H et al. Effect of Dexmedetomidine-Mediated Insulin-Like Growth Factor 2 (IGF2) Signal Pathway on Immune Function and Invasion and Migration of Cancer Cells in Rats with Ovarian Cancer. Med Sci Monit 25:4655-4664 (2019). PubMed: 31230061
- Wu BJ et al. Apolipoprotein A-I Protects Against Pregnancy-Induced Insulin Resistance in Rats. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 39:1160-1171 (2019). PubMed: 31018664