Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to IRS2 (phospho S731)
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IRS2 (phospho S731) antibody
See all IRS2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to IRS2 (phospho S731)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide (YKASSpPAESS), corresponding to amino acids 727-736 of human IRS2 at the phosphorylated site of Serine 731. This synthetic peptide also correlates to amino acids 719-728 of mouse IRS2 at the phosphorylation site of Serine 723 and to amino acids 229-238 of rat IRS2 at the serine phosphorylation site 233.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3690 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 200 kDa. in cell lysate derived from mouse serum-treated fibroblasts, which corresponds to the predicted molecular weight of phospho IRS 2. Samples were boiled prior to subject 7.5% SDS-polyacrylamide gelelectrophoresis.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Use at a concentration of 3.0 - 5.0 µg / extract from 107 cells.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
FunctionMay mediate the control of various cellular processes by insulin.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 IRS-type PTB domain.
Contains 1 PH domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol.
- Information by UniProt
- Insulin receptor substrate 2 antibody
- IRS 2 antibody
- IRS-2 antibody
Anti-IRS2 (phospho S731) antibody (ab3690) at 1 µg/ml + Brain (Mouse) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 160 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 121 kDa, 64 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 8 minutes
IRS2 contains a number of potential phosphorylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted. The 160 kDa band observed is also comparable to the molecular weight seen with other commercially available antibodies to IRS2.
IP: 3T3 cell lysate immunoprecipitated with Anti-IRS-2 (pSER731) (ab3690)
ab3690 (2µg/ml) staining IRS2 (phospho S731) in human cerebellum using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of the cell membrane.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab3690 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Yang X et al. MicroRNA-802 increases hepatic oxidative stress and induces insulin resistance in high-fat fed mice. Mol Med Rep 20:1230-1240 (2019). PubMed: 31173239
- Aljaibeji H et al. Reduced Expression of PLCXD3 Associates With Disruption of Glucose Sensing and Insulin Signaling in Pancreatic ß-Cells. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 10:735 (2019). PubMed: 31781030
- Gao W et al. NEFA-induced ROS impaired insulin signalling through the JNK and p38MAPK pathways in non-alcoholic steatohepatitis. J Cell Mol Med 22:3408-3422 (2018). PubMed: 29602237
- Jia Y et al. Dapagliflozin Aggravates Renal Injury via Promoting Gluconeogenesis in db/db Mice. Cell Physiol Biochem 45:1747-1758 (2018). PubMed: 29495021
- Zhou X et al. The antipsychotics sulpiride induces fatty liver in rats via phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1 at Serine 307-mediated adipose tissue insulin resistance. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 345:66-74 (2018). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 29551354