Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP907Y] to IRS4
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, IP, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-IRS4 antibody [EP907Y]
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP907Y] to IRS4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, IP, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human IRS4 aa 1200-1300 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Hek293 cell lysate and Human kidney tissue.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52622 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 133 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 133 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||1/20 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceIRS4 (Insulin receptor substrate 4) is a cytoplasmic protein that contains many potential tyrosine and serine/threonine phosphorylation sites. Tyrosine-phosphorylated IRS4 protein has been shown to associate with cytoplasmic signaling molecules that contain SH2 domains. The IRS4 protein is phosphorylated by the insulin receptor tyrosine kinase upon receptor stimulation.
Cellular localizationCell membrane; Peripheral membrane protein; Cytoplasmic side.
- 160 kDa phosphotyrosine protein antibody
- Insulin receptor substrate 4 antibody
- IRS 4 antibody
- PY160 antibody
Anti-IRS4 antibody [EP907Y] (ab52622) at 1/5000 dilution + Hek293 cell lysate at 10 µg
goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 133 kDa
Observed band size: 133 kDa
ab52622, at a 1/50 dilution staining Human IRS4 in kidney using Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab52622 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab52622, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab52622 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Li X et al. Phosphorylation of IRS4 by CK1?2 promotes its degradation by CHIP through the ubiquitin/lysosome pathway. Theranostics 8:3643-3653 (2018). PubMed: 30026872
- Weischenfeldt J et al. Pan-cancer analysis of somatic copy-number alterations implicates IRS4 and IGF2 in enhancer hijacking. Nat Genet 49:65-74 (2017). PubMed: 27869826
- Cui A et al. Downregulation of miR-493 promoted melanoma proliferation by suppressing IRS4 expression. Tumour Biol 39:1010428317701640 (2017). PubMed: 28475006
- Homma Y et al. Insulin receptor substrate-4 binds to Slingshot-1 phosphatase and promotes cofilin dephosphorylation. J Biol Chem 289:26302-13 (2014). PubMed: 25100728
- Chai B et al. A novel transcript is up-regulated by fasting in the hypothalamus and enhances insulin signaling. J Neuroendocrinol : (2012). PubMed: 22935015
- Mertens F et al. The t(X;6) in subungual exostosis results in transcriptional deregulation of the gene for insulin receptor substrate 4. Int J Cancer 128:487-91 (2011). PubMed: 20340132
- Karrman K et al. The t(X;7)(q22;q34) in paediatric T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukaemia results in overexpression of the insulin receptor substrate 4 gene through illegitimate recombination with the T-cell receptor beta locus. Br J Haematol 144:546-51 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19055661