Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ISG15
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-ISG15 antibody
See all ISG15 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to ISG15
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
General notesCentrifuge product if not completely clear after standing at room temperature.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThis product is an IgG fraction antibody purified from monospecific antiserum by a multi-step process, which includes delipidation, salt fractionation and ion exchange chromatography followed by extensive dialysis. Assay by immunoelectrophoresis resulted in a single precipitin arc against anti-Rabbit serum.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab14374 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/200 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 18.5 kDa.
1/200 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 18.5 kDa.
FunctionUbiquitin-like protein that is conjugated to intracellular target proteins after IFN-alpha or IFN-beta stimulation. Its enzymatic pathway is partially distinct from that of ubiquitin, differing in substrate specificity and interaction with ligating enzymes. ISG15 conjugation pathway uses a dedicated E1 enzyme, but seems to converge with the Ub conjugation pathway at the level of a specific E2 enzyme. Targets include STAT1, SERPINA3G/SPI2A, JAK1, MAPK3/ERK1, PLCG1, EIF2AK2/PKR, MX1/MxA, and RIG-1. Deconjugated by USP18/UBP43. Shows specific chemotactic activity towards neutrophils and activates them to induce release of eosinophil chemotactic factors. May serve as a trans-acting binding factor directing the association of ligated target proteins to intermediate filaments. May also be involved in autocrine, paracrine and endocrine mechanisms, as in cell-to-cell signaling, possibly partly by inducing IFN-gamma secretion by monocytes and macrophages. Seems to display antiviral activity during viral infections.
In response to IFN-tau secreted by the conceptus, may ligate to and regulate proteins involved in the release of prostaglandin F2-alpha (PGF), and thus prevent lysis of the corpus luteum and maintain the pregnancy.
Tissue specificityDetected in lymphoid cells, striated and smooth muscle, several epithelia and neurons.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 ubiquitin-like domains.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Secreted. UCRP conjugates seem to be noncovalently associated with the intermediate filaments and distributed in a punctate pattern. Also secreted.
- Information by UniProt
- G1P2 antibody
- hUCRP antibody
- IFI 15 antibody
Anti-ISG15 antibody (ab14374) at 1/500 dilution + MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time: 12 minutes
The band observed at 16 kDa could potentially be a cleaved form of ISG15 due to the presence of an 8 amino acid propeptide.
ab14374 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Uruha A et al. Diagnostic potential of sarcoplasmic myxovirus resistance protein A expression in subsets of dermatomyositis. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 45:513-522 (2019). PubMed: 30267437
- Lee JW et al. Single-tubule RNA-Seq uncovers signaling mechanisms that defend against hyponatremia in SIADH. Kidney Int 93:128-146 (2018). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 28843412
- Dong X et al. Triiodothyronine alleviates alcoholic liver disease injury through the negative regulation of the NLRP3 signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 16:1866-1872 (2018). PubMed: 30186412
- de Carvalho LM et al. Musculoskeletal Disease in MDA5-Related Type I Interferonopathy: A Mendelian Mimic of Jaccoud's Arthropathy. Arthritis Rheumatol 69:2081-2091 (2017). PubMed: 28605144
- Preuße C et al. Differential roles of hypoxia and innate immunity in juvenile and adult dermatomyositis. Acta Neuropathol Commun 4:45 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 27121733
- Hirashima K et al. Telomere length influences cancer cell differentiation in vivo. Mol Cell Biol 33:2988-95 (2013). ICC/IF . PubMed: 23716593
- Salajegheh M et al. Interferon-stimulated gene 15 (ISG15) conjugates proteins in dermatomyositis muscle with perifascicular atrophy. Ann Neurol 67:53-63 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Human . PubMed: 20186858
- Pattyn E et al. HyperISGylation of Old World monkey ISG15 in human cells. PLoS ONE 3:e2427 (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18560560
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com