Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1H9] to Islet 1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Islet 1 antibody [1H9]
See all Islet 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1H9] to Islet 1
SpecificityIn western blot, we observe a specific band at ~40kDa which is not seen in KO cell lines. A cross-reactive band was observed in the wild-type and knockout cells. The additional band below this band of interest is seen at ~38kDa in both the WT and KO cells. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WB, ELISA, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Islet 1 aa 150-349. Purified recombinant fragment of Human Islet 1 expressed in E. Coli
Database link: P61371
- Transfected HEK293 cell lysate. Human lung cancer tissue and cervical carcinoma tissue.
This product was changed from ascites to supernatant. Lot no’s high than GR141006-29 are from Tissue Culture Supernatant
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86472 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||1/50 - 1/100.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/1000.|
|ICC/IF||1/200 - 1/1000.|
FunctionBinds to one of the cis-acting domain of the insulin gene enhancer.
Tissue specificityExpressed in subsets of neurons of the adrenal medulla and dorsal root ganglion, inner nuclear and ganglion cell layers in the retina, the pineal and some regions of the brain.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Contains 2 LIM zinc-binding domains.
- Information by UniProt
- Insulin gene enhancer protein ISL 1 antibody
- Insulin gene enhancer protein ISL-1 antibody
- Insulin related protein antibody
ab86472 at a 1/200 dilution staining Islet 1 in human lung cancer tissue. DAB staining shows nuclear localisation.
All lanes : Anti-Islet 1 antibody [1H9] (ab86472) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : ISL1 (Islet 1) knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : SH-SY5Y whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : HepG2 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab86472 observed at 40 kDa. Red - loading control, ab176560, observed at 50 kDa.
ab86472 was shown to recognize Islet 1 in wild-type HAP1 cells as signal was lost at the expected MW in Islet 1 knockout cells. Additional cross-reactive bands were observed in the wild-type and knockout cells. Wild-type and Islet 1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab86472 and ab176560 (Rabbit anti-alpha Tubulin loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1/500 dilution and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216772 and Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216777 secondary antibodies at 1/20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Anti-Islet 1 antibody [1H9] (ab86472) at 1/500 dilution + HEK293 cells transfected with full length Islet 1 (aa1-349)-hIgGFc
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Note: The molecular weight is larger than expected, as the recombinant protein is not the endogenouse protein, but rather the fc-fusion protein
Confocal immunofluorescence analysis of HEK293 cells trasfected with full-length Islet 1-hIgGFc using ab86472 at 1/150 dilution (green). Blue: DRAQ5 fluorescent DNA dye.
ab86472 at a 1/200 dilution staining Islet 1 in human cervical carcinoma tissue. DAB staining shows nuclear localization.
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab86472 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab86472, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x10^6 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive result in SH-SY5Y cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab86472 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Park S et al. Differentiation of Motor Neuron-Like Cells from Tonsil-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Their Possible Application to Neuromuscular Junction Formation. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31159418
- Camberos V et al. Effects of Spaceflight and Simulated Microgravity on YAP1 Expression in Cardiovascular Progenitors: Implications for Cell-Based Repair. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31167392
- Hernandez I et al. Short-term hypoxia improves early cardiac progenitor cell function in vitro. Am J Stem Cells 7:1-17 (2018). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 29531855
- Konukiewitz B et al. Pancreatic neuroendocrine carcinomas reveal a closer relationship to ductal adenocarcinomas than to neuroendocrine tumors G3. Hum Pathol 77:70-79 (2018). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29596894
- Shi Q et al. ISL1, a novel regulator of CCNB1, CCNB2 and c-MYC genes, promotes gastric cancer cell proliferation and tumor growth. Oncotarget 7:36489-36500 (2016). PubMed: 27183908
- Zhang Q et al. ISL-1 is overexpressed in non-Hodgkin lymphoma and promotes lymphoma cell proliferation by forming a p-STAT3/p-c-Jun/ISL-1 complex. Mol Cancer 13:181 (2014). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 25070240
- Fonoudi H et al. ISL1 Protein Transduction Promotes Cardiomyocyte Differentiation from Human Embryonic Stem Cells. PLoS One 8:e55577 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23383231
- Agaimy A et al. ISL1 expression is not restricted to pancreatic well-differentiated neuroendocrine neoplasms, but is also commonly found in well and poorly differentiated neuroendocrine neoplasms of extrapancreatic origin. Mod Pathol 26:995-1003 (2013). PubMed: 23503646
- Pennarossa G et al. Brief demethylation step allows the conversion of adult human skin fibroblasts into insulin-secreting cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:8948-53 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23696663
- Wang H et al. Heterogeneity in signaling pathways of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors: a critical look at notch signaling pathway. Mod Pathol : (2012). IHC . PubMed: 22918166