Product nameIsocitrate Dehydrogenase Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
Assay typeEnzyme activity
Sensitivity> 0.01 mU/well
Assay time0h 45m
Abcam's Isocitrate Dehydrogenase Assay Kit (Colorimetric) provides a convenient tool for sensitive detection of NAD(+) / NADP(+)-dependent or both IDHs in a variety of samples. The IDHs utilize isocitrate as a specific substrate leading to a proportional color development and can be easily quantified colorimetrically (λ = 450 nm) with detection sensitivity as low as 0.01 mU.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Isocitrate dehydrogenase assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- incubate for 3 min and analyze with microplate reader
- incubate for 30 min - 2 hr and analyze again
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Developer (lyophilized) Purple 1 vial IDH Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml IDH Positive Control (NADP+) Green 1 x 20µl IDH Substrate (lyophilized) Red 1 vial NAD+ (lyophilized) Blue 1 vial NADH Standard ( lyophilized) Yellow 1 vial NADP+ (lyophilized) Brown 1 vial
RelevanceIsocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH; EC 188.8.131.52, NAD+) is an enzyme that participates in the citric acid cycle. These IDH3 isoforms catalyze the oxidative decarboxylation of isocitrate, producing alpha-ketoglutarate and CO2 while converting NAD+ to NADH. This is a two-step process, which involves oxidation of isocitrate to oxalosuccinate, followed by the decarboxylation of the beta-carboxyl group to form the ketone, alpha-ketoglutarate. Other isoforms (EC 184.108.40.206, NADP+) catalyze the same reaction, but unrelated to the citric acid cycle. It is carried out in the mitochondrion (IDH2) as well as in the cytosol and peroxisome (IDH1) and use NADP+ as a cofactor instead of NAD+.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Peroxisome
- Cytosolic NADP isocitrate dehydrogenase
This product has been referenced in:
- Kim SR et al. Engineered mesenchymal stem-cell-sheets patches prevents postoperative pancreatic leakage in a rat model. Sci Rep 8:360 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29321630) »
- López-Gallardo E et al. Effects of Tributyltin Chloride on Cybrids with or without an ATP Synthase Pathologic Mutation. Environ Health Perspect 124:1399-405 (2016). Read more (PubMed: 27129022) »