Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to ITGA7
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA, 49% ddH20
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab203254 in the following tested applications.
|Flow Cyt||1/20 - 1/100.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/500.|
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 129 kDa.|
FunctionIntegrin alpha-7/beta-1 is the primary laminin receptor on skeletal myoblasts and adult myofibers. During myogenic differentiation, it may induce changes in the shape and mobility of myoblasts, and facilitate their localization at laminin-rich sites of secondary fiber formation. It is involved in the maintenance of the myofibers cytoarchitecture as well as for their anchorage, viability and functional integrity. Isoform Alpha-7X2B and isoform Alpha-7X1B promote myoblast migration on laminin 1 and laminin 2/4, but isoform Alpha-7X1B is less active on laminin 1 (In vitro). Acts as Schwann cell receptor for laminin-2. Acts as a receptor of COMP and mediates its effect on vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) maturation (By similarity). Required to promote contractile phenotype acquisition in differentiated airway smooth muscle (ASM) cells.
Tissue specificityIsoforms containing segment A are predominantly expressed in skeletal muscle. Isoforms containing segment B are abundantly expressed in skeletal muscle, moderately in cardiac muscle, small intestine, colon, ovary and prostate and weakly in lung and testes. Isoforms containing segment X2D are expressed at low levels in fetal and adult skeletal muscle and in cardiac muscle, but are not detected in myoblasts and myotubes. In muscle fibers isoforms containing segment A and B are expressed at myotendinous and neuromuscular junctions; isoforms containing segment C are expressed at neuromuscular junctions and at extrasynaptic sites. Isoforms containing segments X1 or X2 or, at low levels, X1X2 are expressed in fetal and adult skeletal muscle (myoblasts and myotubes) and cardiac muscle.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ITGA7 are the cause of muscular dystrophy congenital due to integrin alpha-7 deficiency (MDCI) [MIM:613204]. A form of congenital muscular dystrophy. Patients present at birth, or within the first few months of life, with hypotonia, muscle weakness and often with joint contractures.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the integrin alpha chain family.
Contains 7 FG-GAP repeats.
Developmental stageIn renewing intestinal epithelium, expression of isoforms containing segment B correlates with the onset of enterocytic differentiation.
modificationsADP-ribosylated on at least two sites of the extracellular domain in skeletal myotubes.
A 70 kDa form is created by proteolytic cleavage. Cleavage is elevated during myogenic differentiation and the cleaved form enhances cell adhesion and spreading on laminin.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha 7 antibody
- FLJ25220 antibody
- Integrin alpha 7 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human lung carcinoma tissue sections labeling ITGA7 with ab203254 at a 1/200 dilution, followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody and DAB staining.
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human lung carcinoma tissue sections labeling ITGA7 with ab203254 at a 1/200 dilution, followed by conjugation to the secondary antibody (Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, Cy3 conjugated) used at 1/200 dilution for 40 minutes at 37°C.
ab203254 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Lv Z et al. Integrin a7 correlates with worse clinical features and prognosis, and its knockdown inhibits cell proliferation and stemness in tongue squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Oncol 56:69-84 (2020). PubMed: 31789398
- Wu CY et al. Lysophosphatidic Acid Receptor 5 (LPAR5) Plays a Significance Role in Papillary Thyroid Cancer via Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase/Akt/Mammalian Target of Rapamycin (mTOR) Pathway. Med Sci Monit 26:e919820 (2020). PubMed: 31902939
- Nakao M et al. Formation of Large Scaffold-Free 3-D Aggregates in a Cell Culture Dish by Ultrasound Standing Wave Trapping. Ultrasound Med Biol 45:1306-1315 (2019). PubMed: 30799124
- Bai X et al. Integrin a7 high expression correlates with deteriorative tumor features and worse overall survival, and its knockdown inhibits cell proliferation and invasion but increases apoptosis in breast cancer. J Clin Lab Anal N/A:e22979 (2019). PubMed: 31325216
- Hao RT et al. NECTIN4 promotes papillary thyroid cancer cell proliferation, migration, and invasion and triggers EMT by activating AKT. Cancer Manag Res 11:2565-2578 (2019). PubMed: 31114323
- Bhandari A et al. ITGA7 functions as a tumor suppressor and regulates migration and invasion in breast cancer. Cancer Manag Res 10:969-976 (2018). PubMed: 29760566
- Vanhoutte D et al. Thrombospondin expression in myofibers stabilizes muscle membranes. Elife 5: (2016). WB . PubMed: 27669143
- Ingram NT et al. Olfactory Ensheathing Cells Express a7 Integrin to Mediate Their Migration on Laminin. PLoS One 11:e0153394 (2016). PubMed: 27078717