Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [Y401] to ITK/EMT
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-ITK/EMT antibody [Y401]
See all ITK/EMT primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y401] to ITK/EMT
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human ITK/EMT aa 1-100 (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899). IHC-P: Human lymph node.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Previously labelled as ITK.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32039 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 68 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 72 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionPlays a role in T-cell proliferation and differentiation.
Tissue specificityT-cell lines and natural killer cell lines.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ITK are the cause of lymphoproliferative syndrome EBV-associated autosomal type 1 (LPSA1) [MIM:613011]. LPSA1 is a rare immunodeficiency characterized by extreme susceptibility to infection with Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Inadequate immune response to EBV can have a fatal outcome. Clinical features include splenomegaly, lymphadenopathy, anemia, thrombocytopenia, pancytopenia, recurrent infections. There is an increased risk for lymphoma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. TEC subfamily.
Contains 1 Btk-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Localizes to cell surface receptors in the plasma membrane after stimulation with respective receptors (TCR, CD28, CD2) in T-cells.
- Information by UniProt
- EMT antibody
- Homolog of mouse T cell itk/tsk antibody
- IL 2 inducible T cell kinase antibody
Anti-ITK/EMT antibody [Y401] (ab32039) at 1/5000 dilution + Jurkat cell lysate
Predicted band size: 72 kDa
Observed band size: 68 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Ab32039 at a 1/250 dilution, staining ITK/EMT in paraffin embedded human lymph node tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Overlay histogram showing Jurkat cells stained with ab32039 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab32039, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (1µg/1x106 cells ) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in Jurkat cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
ab32039 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Liu Y et al. ITK inhibition induced in vitro and in vivo anti-tumor activity through downregulating TCR signaling pathway in malignant T cell lymphoma. Cancer Cell Int 19:32 (2019). PubMed: 30814910
- Mamand S et al. Comparison of interleukin-2-inducible kinase (ITK) inhibitors and potential for combination therapies for T-cell lymphoma. Sci Rep 8:14216 (2018). PubMed: 30242208
- Carson CC et al. IL2 Inducible T-cell Kinase, a Novel Therapeutic Target in Melanoma. Clin Cancer Res 21:2167-76 (2015). Human . PubMed: 25934889
- Schiralli Lester GM et al. Interleukin 2-inducible T cell kinase (ITK) facilitates efficient egress of HIV-1 by coordinating Gag distribution and actin organization. Virology 436:235-43 (2013). PubMed: 23260110
- Stepensky P et al. IL-2-inducible T-cell kinase deficiency: clinical presentation and therapeutic approach. Haematologica 96:472-6 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21109689