Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to JNK1+JNK2 (phospho T183 + Y185)
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-JNK1+JNK2 (phospho T183 + Y185) antibody
See all JNK1+JNK2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to JNK1+JNK2 (phospho T183 + Y185)
SpecificityThe region of JNK1 and JNK2 surrounding T183 + Y185 has a high degree of similarity to the corresponding regions in JNK3 and thus may cross react with this protein if phosphorylated on the corresponding residues.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 48% PBS, 0.88% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol
PBS without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody was purified by affinity chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. Non-phosphospecific antibodies were removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab131499 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 46, 54 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/200.|
FunctionResponds to activation by environmental stress and pro-inflammatory cytokines by phosphorylating a number of transcription factors, primarily components of AP-1 such as JUN, JDP2 and ATF2 and thus regulates AP-1 transcriptional activity. In T-cells, JNK1 and JNK2 are required for polarized differentiation of T-helper cells into Th1 cells (By similarity). Phosphorylates heat shock factor protein 4 (HSF4).
JNK1 isoforms display different binding patterns: beta-1 preferentially binds to c-Jun, whereas alpha-1, alpha-2, and beta-2 have a similar low level of binding to both c-Jun or ATF2. However, there is no correlation between binding and phosphorylation, which is achieved at about the same efficiency by all isoforms.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. MAP kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe TXY motif contains the threonine and tyrosine residues whose phosphorylation activates the MAP kinases.
modificationsDually phosphorylated on Thr-183 and Tyr-185, which activates the enzyme.
- Information by UniProt
- c jun N terminal kinase 2 antibody
- c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1 antibody
- cJun N terminal kinase 1 antibody
Immunofluorescence analysis of methanol fixed HeLa cells labelled with ab131499 at 1/100 dilution.
ab131499 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Wang D et al. LINC00511 promotes proliferation and invasion by sponging miR-515-5p in gastric cancer. Cell Mol Biol Lett 25:4 (2020). PubMed: 32042282
- Xu Y et al. DKK3 attenuates JNK and AP-1 induced inflammation via Kremen-1 and DVL-1 in mice following intracerebral hemorrhage. J Neuroinflammation 17:130 (2020). PubMed: 32331523
- Wang Q et al. Silencing of SPARC represses heterotopic ossification via inhibition of the MAPK signaling pathway. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31548362
- Qian D et al. Notoginsenoside R1 protects WI-38 cells against lipopolysaccharide-triggered injury via adjusting the miR-181a/TLR4 axis. J Cell Biochem 120:19764-19774 (2019). PubMed: 31297873
- Zhou K et al. Dihydrolipoic Acid Inhibits Lysosomal Rupture and NLRP3 Through Lysosome-Associated Membrane Protein-1/Calcium/Calmodulin-Dependent Protein Kinase II/TAK1 Pathways After Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in Rat. Stroke 49:175-183 (2018). PubMed: 29273596