Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A antibody
See all Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A aa 30-238. Extracellular domain.
TVHSSEPEVRIPENNPVKLSCAYSGFSSPRVEWKFDQGDTTRLVCYNNKI TASYEDRVTFLPTGITFKSVTREDTGTYTCMVSEEGGNSYGEVKVKLIVL VPPSKPTVNIPSSATIGNRAVLTCSEQDGSPPSEYTWFKDGIVMPTNPKS TRAFSNSSYVLNPTTGELVFDPLSASDTGEYSCEARNGYGTPMTSNAVRM EAVERNVGV
Database link: Q9Y624
- Recombinant Human Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A protein (ab132180) can be used as a positive control in WB. HeLa cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab180821 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionSeems to plays a role in epithelial tight junction formation. Appears early in primordial forms of cell junctions and recruits PARD3. The association of the PARD6-PARD3 complex may prevent the interaction of PARD3 with JAM1, thereby preventing tight junction assembly (By similarity). Plays a role in regulating monocyte transmigration involved in integrity of epithelial barrier. Involved in platelet activation. In case of orthoreovirus infection, serves as receptor for the virus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily.
Contains 2 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Cellular localizationCell junction > tight junction. Cell membrane. Localized at tight junctions of both epithelial and endothelial cells.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 321 antibody
- CD321 antibody
- CD321 antigen antibody
ab180821 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wang D et al. Soluble CD146, a cerebrospinal fluid marker for neuroinflammation, promotes blood-brain barrier dysfunction. Theranostics 10:231-246 (2020). PubMed: 31903117
- Bi J et al. Irisin reverses intestinal epithelial barrier dysfunction during intestinal injury via binding to the integrin aVß5 receptor. J Cell Mol Med 24:996-1009 (2020). PubMed: 31701659
- Ma X et al. Activation of GABAA Receptors in Colon Epithelium Exacerbates Acute Colitis. Front Immunol 9:987 (2018). PubMed: 29867964
- Wu KZ et al. Junctional adhesion molecule A: expression in the murine epididymal tract and accessory organs and acquisition by maturing sperm. Mol Hum Reprod 23:132-140 (2017). PubMed: 28062807