Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1042Y] to Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A antibody [EP1042Y]
See all Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1042Y] to Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Hela cell lysate and human liver tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.21% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52647 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 33 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionSeems to plays a role in epithelial tight junction formation. Appears early in primordial forms of cell junctions and recruits PARD3. The association of the PARD6-PARD3 complex may prevent the interaction of PARD3 with JAM1, thereby preventing tight junction assembly (By similarity). Plays a role in regulating monocyte transmigration involved in integrity of epithelial barrier. Involved in platelet activation. In case of orthoreovirus infection, serves as receptor for the virus.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily.
Contains 2 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Cellular localizationCell junction > tight junction. Cell membrane. Localized at tight junctions of both epithelial and endothelial cells.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 321 antibody
- CD321 antibody
- CD321 antigen antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (40 µg)
Lane 2: Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (40 µg)
Lanes 1 - 2: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab52647 observed at 32 kDa. Red - loading control, ab18058, observed at 130 kDa.
ab52647 was shown to specifically react with Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A in wild-type HAP1 cells as signal was lost in Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1 knockout cells. Wild-type and Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab52647 and ab18058 (Mouse anti-Vinculin loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1/1000 dilution and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of Human bladder carcinoma tissue sections labeling Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A with Purified ab52647 at 1:100 dilution (6.15 μg/ml). Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using ab93684 (Tris/EDTA buffer, pH 9.0). Tissue was counterstained with Hematoxylin. ImmunoHistoProbe one step HRP Polymer (ready to use) secondary antibody was used at 1:0 dilution. PBS instead of the primary antibody was used as the negative control.
Anti-Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A antibody [EP1042Y] (ab52647) at 1/1000 dilution (purified) + TF-1 (Human Erythroleukemia erythroblast) whole cell lysates at 15 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
Anti-Junctional Adhesion Molecule 1/JAM-A antibody [EP1042Y] (ab52647) at 1/2000 dilution (unpurified) + Hela cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP labeled at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Observed band size: 33 kDa
Immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded human liver using unpurified ab52647 at a 1/100 dilution.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab52647 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Hou D et al. The potential atheroprotective role of plant MIR156a as a repressor of monocyte recruitment on inflamed human endothelial cells. J Nutr Biochem 57:197-205 (2018). PubMed: 29751293
- Qi K et al. Tongxinluo attenuates reperfusion injury in diabetic hearts by angiopoietin-like 4-mediated protection of endothelial barrier integrity via PPAR-a pathway. PLoS One 13:e0198403 (2018). PubMed: 29912977
- Aoyama T et al. Immunoreactivity patterns of tight junction proteins are useful for differential diagnosis of human salivary gland tumors. Med Mol Morphol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29955965
- Jing W et al. Uremia induces upregulation of cerebral tissue oxidative/inflammatory cascade, down-regulation of Nrf2 pathway and disruption of blood brain barrier. Am J Transl Res 10:2137-2147 (2018). PubMed: 30093950
- Jing W et al. Phosphate Binder, Ferric Citrate, Attenuates Anemia, Renal Dysfunction, Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Fibrosis in 5/6 Nephrectomized CKD Rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 367:129-137 (2018). PubMed: 30093458