Product nameAnti-kan antibody [4B4D1]
See all kan primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [4B4D1] to kan
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Recombinant fragment
Predicted to work with: Escherichia coli
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to kan.
Previously labelled as Neomycin Phosphotransferase 2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab60018 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa).|
RelevanceNeomycin Phosphotransferase 2 (kan) confers resistance to kanamycin and neomycin in bacteria and G418 (Geneticin®, G418 Sulfate) in mammalian cells. These antibiotics bind to ribosomal components and inhibit protein synthesis. NPT II inhibits these antibiotics through phosphorylation, which is thought to interfere with their active transport into the cell. Immunoblot analysis of transfected cell lysates with anti NPT II can be used to gauge relative transfection efficiencies in experiments where multiple transfections are performed in parallel with different plasmids.
- SwissProt: P14509 Escherichia coli
- Aminoglycoside 3' phosphotransferase antibody
- APH(3') II antibody
- APH(3')II antibody
Anti-kan antibody [4B4D1] (ab60018) at 1/500 dilution + Recombinant kan expressed in E. coli.
Predicted band size: 29 kDa
Observed band size: 30 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab60018 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Li X et al. Dehydrin MtCAS31 promotes autophagic degradation under drought stress. Autophagy N/A:1-16 (2019). PubMed: 31362589
- Kallehauge TB et al. Ribosome profiling-guided depletion of an mRNA increases cell growth rate and protein secretion. Sci Rep 7:40388 (2017). PubMed: 28091612
- Bentham MJ et al. NS2 is dispensable for efficient assembly of hepatitis C virus-like particles in a bipartite trans-encapsidation system. J Gen Virol 95:2427-41 (2014). PubMed: 25024280
- Holler CJ et al. Bridging integrator 1 (BIN1) protein expression increases in the Alzheimer's disease brain and correlates with neurofibrillary tangle pathology. J Alzheimers Dis 42:1221-7 (2014). PubMed: 25024306
- Wong TT et al. Production of zebrafish offspring from cultured female germline stem cells. PLoS One 8:e62660 (2013). IHC-FoFr, IHC - Wholemount ; Zebrafish . PubMed: 23671620