Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KAT13A / SRC1
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human, Bird
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KAT13A / SRC1 antibody
See all KAT13A / SRC1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KAT13A / SRC1
SpecificityDetects steroid receptor coactivator-1 (SRC-1).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human, Bird
Predicted to work with: Pig
- HeLa cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2859 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 3-5µg for 106 cells.|
FunctionNuclear receptor coactivator that directly binds nuclear receptors and stimulates the transcriptional activities in a hormone-dependent fashion. Involved in the coactivation of different nuclear receptors, such as for steroids (PGR, GR and ER), retinoids (RXRs), thyroid hormone (TRs) and prostanoids (PPARs). Also involved in coactivation mediated by STAT3, STAT5A, STAT5B and STAT6 transcription factors. Displays histone acetyltransferase activity toward H3 and H4; the relevance of such activity remains however unclear. Plays a central role in creating multisubunit coactivator complexes that act via remodeling of chromatin, and possibly acts by participating in both chromatin remodeling and recruitment of general transcription factors. Required with NCOA2 to control energy balance between white and brown adipose tissues. Required for mediating steroid hormone response. Isoform 2 has a higher thyroid hormone-dependent transactivation activity than isoform 1 and isoform 3.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Involvement in diseaseNote=A chromosomal aberration involving NCOA1 is a cause of rhabdomyosarcoma. Translocation t(2;2)(q35;p23) with PAX3 generates the NCOA1-PAX3 oncogene consisting of the N-terminus part of PAX3 and the C-terminus part of NCOA1. The fusion protein acts as a transcriptional activator. Rhabdomyosarcoma is the most common soft tissue carcinoma in childhood, representing 5-8% of all malignancies in children.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SRC/p160 nuclear receptor coactivator family.
Contains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Contains 1 PAS (PER-ARNT-SIM) domain.
DomainThe C-terminal (1107-1441) part mediates the histone acetyltransferase (HAT) activity.
Contains 7 Leu-Xaa-Xaa-Leu-Leu (LXXLL) motifs. LXXLL motifs 3, 4 and 5 are essential for the association with nuclear receptors. LXXLL motif 7, which is not present in isoform 2, increases the affinity for steroid receptors in vitro.
modificationsSumoylated; sumoylation increases its interaction with PGR and prolongs its retention in the nucleus. It does not prevent its ubiquitination and does not exert a clear effect on the stability of the protein.
Ubiquitinated; leading to proteasome-mediated degradation. Ubiquitination and sumoylation take place at different sites.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- bHLHe74 antibody
- Class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 74 antibody
- F SRC 1 antibody
Immunohistochemitry (Frozen sections) analysis of SRC1 in the Dentate Gyrus region of the rat brain using ab2859.
Flow cytometry analysis of SRC1 was done on HT-29 cells. Cells were fixed with 70% ethanol for 10 minutes, permeabilized with 0.25% Triton™ X-100 for 20 minutes, and blocked with 5% BSA for 30 minutes at room temperature.Cells were labeled with SRC1 Rabbit Polyclonal Antibody (PA1840, red histogram) or with rabbit isotype control (pink histogram) at 3-5 ug/million cells in 2.5% BSA. After incubation at room temperature for 2 hours, the cells were labeled with Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat Anti-Rabbit Secondary Antibody (A11008) at a dilution of 1:400 for 30 minutes at room temperature.
ab2859 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Castellaro AM et al. Tumor-Associated Macrophages Induce Endocrine Therapy Resistance in ER+ Breast Cancer Cells. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30736340
- Kong X et al. Roux-en-Y gastric bypass enhances insulin secretion in type 2 diabetes via FXR-mediated TRPA1 expression. Mol Metab 29:1-11 (2019). PubMed: 31668381
- Kong X et al. FXR Mediates Adenylyl Cyclase 8 Expression in Pancreatic ß-Cells. J Diabetes Res 2019:8915818 (2019). PubMed: 31485455
- Meerson A & Yehuda H Leptin and insulin up-regulate miR-4443 to suppress NCOA1 and TRAF4, and decrease the invasiveness of human colon cancer cells. BMC Cancer 16:882 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27842582
- Hurtado A et al. Regulation of ERBB2 by oestrogen receptor-PAX2 determines response to tamoxifen. Nature 456:663-6 (2008). WB, ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 19005469
- Yasumoto H et al. GNL3L inhibits activity of estrogen-related receptor gamma by competing for coactivator binding. J Cell Sci 120:2532-43 (2007). WB . PubMed: 17623774