Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KAT13C / NCOA2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KAT13C / NCOA2 antibody
See all KAT13C / NCOA2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KAT13C / NCOA2
SpecificityWe have data to indicate that this antibody may not cross react with Xenopus laevis. However, this has not been conclusively tested and expression levels may vary in certain cell lines/tissues.
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species WBHuman
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat KAT13C/ NCOA2 aa 700-750.
Database link: Q15596
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing the problem with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation.
One factor contributing to the crisis is the use of antibodies that are not suitable. This can lead to misleading results and the use of incorrect data informing project assumptions and direction. To help address this challenge, we have introduced an application and species grid on our primary antibody datasheets to make it easy to simplify identification of the right antibody for your needs.
Learn more here.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibodies were affinity purified using the peptide immobilized on solid support.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab10491 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 170 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 175 kDa).
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionTranscriptional coactivator for steroid receptors and nuclear receptors. Coactivator of the steroid binding domain (AF-2) but not of the modulating N-terminal domain (AF-1). Required with NCOA1 to control energy balance between white and brown adipose tissues.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Chromosomal aberrations involving NCOA2 may be a cause of acute myeloid leukemias. Inversion inv(8)(p11;q13) generates the KAT6A-NCOA2 oncogene, which consists of the N-terminal part of KAT6A and the C-terminal part of NCOA2/TIF2. KAT6A-NCOA2 binds to CREBBP and disrupts its function in transcription activation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SRC/p160 nuclear receptor coactivator family.
Contains 1 bHLH (basic helix-loop-helix) domain.
Contains 1 PAS (PER-ARNT-SIM) domain.
DomainContains four Leu-Xaa-Xaa-Leu-Leu (LXXLL) motifs. The LXXLL motifs are essential for the association with nuclear receptors and are, at least in part, functionally redundant.
The LLXXLXXXL motif is involved in transcriptional coactivation and CREBBP/CBP binding.
Contains 2 C-terminal transcription activation domains (AD1 and AD2) that can function independently.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- bHLHe75 antibody
- Class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 75 antibody
- glucocorticoid receptor interacting protein 1 antibody
ab10491 detection of human NCOA2 (SRC2) by Western blot and immunoprecipitation. Samples: Nuclear extract (5
µg for WB; 10 mg for Co-IP) from HeLa cells. Antibody: ab10491used at 0.33 µg/ml (A) for WB and 20 µg/10 mg lysate (B) for IP. Detection: Alkaline phosphatase conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG diluted 1/3000 with NBT-BCIP as substrate for 20 min. (A) or Coomassie Brilliant Blue R250 staining of SDS-PAGE gel followed by mass spectrometry to confirm the identity of the band that is NCOA2 (SRC2) (B).
ab10491 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Rollins DA et al. Glucocorticoid-induced phosphorylation by CDK9 modulates the coactivator functions of transcriptional cofactor GRIP1 in macrophages. Nat Commun 8:1739 (2017). PubMed: 29170386
- Takeda K et al. Corepressive function of nuclear receptor coactivator 2 in androgen receptor of prostate cancer cells treated with antiandrogen. BMC Cancer 16:332 (2016). PubMed: 27225190
- Coppo M et al. The transcriptional coregulator GRIP1 controls macrophage polarization and metabolic homeostasis. Nat Commun 7:12254 (2016). WB, ChIP, ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 27464507
- Wagner M et al. NCOA3 is a selective co-activator of estrogen receptor a-mediated transactivation of PLAC1 in MCF-7 breast cancer cells. BMC Cancer 13:570 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24304549
- Lit LC et al. LATS2 is a modulator of estrogen receptor alpha. Anticancer Res 33:53-63 (2013). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23267128
- Amazit L et al. Ligand-Dependent Degradation of SRC-1 Is Pivotal for Progesterone Receptor Transcriptional Activity. Mol Endocrinol 25:394-408 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21273440
- Jelcick AS et al. Genetic variations strongly influence phenotypic outcome in the mouse retina. PLoS One 6:e21858 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21779340
- Flammer JR et al. The type I interferon signaling pathway is a target for glucocorticoid inhibition. Mol Cell Biol 30:4564-74 (2010). PubMed: 20679482