Product nameAnti-KCC2 antibody
See all KCC2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KCC2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Dog
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
N-terminal His-tag fusion protein corresponding to residues 932-1043 of rat K+/Cl- Cotransporter (KCC2).
- Rat brain membrane preparation; Madin Darby Canine Kidney (MDCK) cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.184% Tris glycine, 30% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49917 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 123 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/200 - 1/500. PubMed: 23440186|
FunctionMediates electroneutral potassium-chloride cotransport in mature neurons. Transport occurs under isotonic conditions, but is activated 20-fold by cell swelling. Important for Cl(-) homeostasis in neurons.
Tissue specificityBrain specific. Detected in neuronal cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SLC12A transporter family.
- Information by UniProt
- Electroneutral potassium chloride cotransporter 2 antibody
- Electroneutral potassium-chloride cotransporter 2 antibody
- Erythroid K Cl cotransporter 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-KCC2 antibody (ab49917) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole tissue lysate prepared from chicken auditory brainstem/tectum.
Lane 2 : Whole tissue lysate prepared from chicken auditory brainstem/tectum, preabsorped with immunogenic peptide.
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 123 kDa
Exposure time: 10 minutes
ab49917 staining KCC2 in rat spinal cord tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and permeabilized using 0.1% Triton-X100. Samples were then blocked with 2% serum for 2 hours at 26°C followed by incubation with the primary antibody, at a 1/4000 dilution, for 19 hours at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was a goat anti-rabbit IgG conjugated to Alexa Fluor® 546 (red) used at a 1/4000 dilution.
This product has been referenced in:
- Sears SMS et al. Decreased epileptogenesis in mice lacking the System xc- transporter occurs in association with a reduction in AMPA receptor subunit GluA1. Epilepsia Open 4:133-143 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30868123) »
- Gogliotti RG et al. Total RNA Sequencing of Rett Syndrome Autopsy Samples Identifies the M4 Muscarinic Receptor as a Novel Therapeutic Target. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 365:291-300 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29523700) »