Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR9543(B)] to KCNMB3
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-KCNMB3 antibody [EPR9543(B)]
See all KCNMB3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR9543(B)] to KCNMB3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, WBmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues within the intracellular domain of Human KCNMB3 (UniProt ID: Q9NPA1)
- BxPC3, HepG2, C6, RAW 264.7, PC12 and NIH 3T3 cell lysates; HeLa cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab137041 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 29 - 32 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa).|
FunctionRegulatory subunit of the calcium activated potassium KCNMA1 (maxiK) channel. Modulates the calcium sensitivity and gating kinetics of KCNMA1, thereby contributing to KCNMA1 channel diversity. Alters the functional properties of the current expressed by the KCNMA1 channel. Isoform 2, isoform 3 and isoform 4 partially inactivate the current of KCNBMA. Isoform 4 induces a fast and incomplete inactivation of KCNMA1 channel that is detectable only at large depolarizations. In contrast, isoform 1 does not induce detectable inactivation of KCNMA1. Two or more subunits of KCNMB3 are required to block the KCNMA1 tetramer.
Tissue specificityIsoform 1, isoform 3 and isoform 4 are widely expressed. Isoform 2 is expressed placenta, pancreas, kidney and heart. Isoform 1 and isoform 3 are highly expressed in pancreas and testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the KCNMB (TC 8.A.14.1) family. KCNMB3 subfamily.
DomainIsoform 4 cytoplasmic N-terminal domain participates in the partial inactivation of KCNMA1, possibly by binding to a receptor site.
The extracellular domain forms gates to block ion permeation, providing a mechanism by which current can be rapidly diminished upon cellular repolarization.
The extracellular domain contains disulfide bond essential for the gating mechanism.
- Information by UniProt
- BK channel subunit beta 3 antibody
- BK channel subunit beta-3 antibody
- BKbeta 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-KCNMB3 antibody [EPR9543(B)] (ab137041) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : BxPC3 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 4 : C6 cell lysate
Lane 5 : RAW 264.7 cell lysate
Lane 6 : PC12 cell lysate
Lane 7 : NIH 3T3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP conjugated Goat anti Rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 32 kDa
Flow cytometry analysis of permeabilized Hela cells labelling KCNMB3 with ab137041 at 1/10 dilution (Red) or a Rabbit IgG (negative control) (Green).
ab137041 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Zaidman NA et al. Large-conductance Ca(2+) -activated K(+) channel activation by apical P2Y receptor agonists requires hydrocortisone in differentiated airway epithelium. J Physiol 595:4631-4645 (2017). PubMed: 28481415
- Petho Z et al. Different expression of ß subunits of the KCa1.1 channel by invasive and non-invasive human fibroblast-like synoviocytes. Arthritis Res Ther 18:103 (2016). PubMed: 27165430