Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to KDM2B
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5199 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 - 3 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionHistone demethylase that demethylates 'Lys-4' and 'Lys-36' of histone H3, thereby playing a central role in histone code. Preferentially demethylates trimethylated H3 'Lys-4' and dimethylated H3 'Lys-36' residue while it has weak or no activity for mono- and tri-methylated H3 'Lys-36'. Preferentially binds the transcribed region of ribosomal RNA and represses the transcription of ribosomal RNA genes which inhibits cell growth and proliferation. May also serve as a substrate-recognition component of the SCF (SKP1-CUL1-F-box protein)-type E3 ubiquitin ligase complex.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the JHDM1 histone demethylase family.
Contains 1 CXXC-type zinc finger.
Contains 1 F-box domain.
Contains 1 JmjC domain.
Contains 7 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 PHD-type zinc finger.
DomainThe JmjC domain mediates demethylation activity (By similarity). It is also required for repression of ribosomal RNA genes.
Cellular localizationNucleus > nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
- [Histone-H3]-lysine-36 demethylase 1B antibody
- CXXC-type zinc finger protein 2 antibody
- CXXC2 antibody
ab5199 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zhang DD et al. Vildagliptin, a DPP4 inhibitor, alleviates diabetes-associated cognitive deficits by decreasing the levels of apoptosis-related proteins in the rat hippocampus. Exp Ther Med 15:5100-5106 (2018). PubMed: 29805536
- Yan M et al. miR-146b promotes cell proliferation and increases chemosensitivity, but attenuates cell migration and invasion via FBXL10 in ovarian cancer. Cell Death Dis 9:1123 (2018). PubMed: 30409964
- He P et al. The NHERF1 PDZ1 domain and IRBIT interact and mediate the activation of Na+/H+ exchanger 3 by ANG II. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 311:F343-51 (2016). PubMed: 27279487
- He P et al. Restoration of Na+/H+ exchanger NHE3-containing macrocomplexes ameliorates diabetes-associated fluid loss. J Clin Invest 125:3519-31 (2015). PubMed: 26258413
- Tzatsos A et al. Lysine-specific Demethylase 2B (KDM2B)-let-7-Enhancer of Zester Homolog 2 (EZH2) Pathway Regulates Cell Cycle Progression and Senescence in Primary Cells. J Biol Chem 286:33061-9 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21757686
- Ge R et al. F-box protein 10, an NF-?B-dependent anti-apoptotic protein, regulates TRAIL-induced apoptosis through modulating c-Fos/c-FLIP pathway. Cell Death Differ 18:1184-95 (2011). PubMed: 21252908