Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KDM6B / JMJD3
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KDM6B / JMJD3 antibody
See all KDM6B / JMJD3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KDM6B / JMJD3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Cow, Chimpanzee, Macaque monkey, Gorilla
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse KDM6B/ JMJD3 aa 50-150 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
Database link: Q5NCY0
- This antibody gave a positive signal in both HeLa whole cell and HeLa Nuclear lysates. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following methanol fixed cell lines: MCF-7
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab169197 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 177 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 177 kDa).|
FunctionHistone demethylase that specifically demethylates 'Lys-27' of histone H3, thereby playing a central role in histone code. Demethylates trimethylated and dimethylated H3 'Lys-27'. Plays a central role in regulation of posterior development, by regulating HOX gene expression. Involved in inflammatory response by participating in macrophage differentiation in case of inflammation by regulating gene expression and macrophage differentiation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the UTX family.
Contains 1 JmjC domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Histone demethylase JMJD3 antibody
- JmjC domain containing protein 3 antibody
- JmjC domain-containing protein 3 antibody
ab169197 staining KDM6B/JMJD3 in MCF7 cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1%PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab169197 at 1μg/ml and ab7291, Mouse monoclonal [DM1A] to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control, at 1/1000 dilution. Cells were then incubated with ab150120, Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse at 1/1000 dilution (shown in pseudocolour red) and ab150081, Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG at 1/1000 dilution (shown in green). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
All lanes : Anti-KDM6B / JMJD3 antibody (ab169197) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Nuclear Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 177 kDa
Observed band size: 177 kDa
Exposure time: 4 minutes
Due to the cellular localisation of KDM6B / JMJD3 an increase in expression is expected within the Nuclear fraction.
This blot was produced using a 3-8% Tris Acetate gel under the TA buffer system. The gel was run at 150V for 60 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 2% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab169197 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution.
ab169197 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Lai J et al. Activation of NFKB-JMJD3 signaling promotes bladder fibrosis via boosting bladder smooth muscle cell proliferation and collagen accumulation. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis 1865:2403-2410 (2019). PubMed: 31102789
- Guo Z et al. JMJD3 inhibition protects against isoproterenol-induced cardiac hypertrophy by suppressing ß-MHC expression. Mol Cell Endocrinol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29753027
- Daures M et al. A new metabolic gene signature in prostate cancer regulated by JMJD3 and EZH2. Oncotarget 9:23413-23425 (2018). PubMed: 29805743
- Raeisossadati R et al. Small Molecule GSK-J1 Affects Differentiation of Specific Neuronal Subtypes in Developing Rat Retina. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29981055
- Li Q et al. KDM6B induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition and enhances clear cell renal cell carcinoma metastasis through the activation of SLUG. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:6334-44 (2015). PubMed: 26261509