Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KDM6B / JMJD3
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38113 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionHistone demethylase that specifically demethylates 'Lys-27' of histone H3, thereby playing a central role in histone code. Demethylates trimethylated and dimethylated H3 'Lys-27'. Plays a central role in regulation of posterior development, by regulating HOX gene expression. Involved in inflammatory response by participating in macrophage differentiation in case of inflammation by regulating gene expression and macrophage differentiation.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the UTX family.
Contains 1 JmjC domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Histone demethylase JMJD3 antibody
- JmjC domain containing protein 3 antibody
- JmjC domain-containing protein 3 antibody
ab38113 stained in HeLa cells. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) at room temperature and incubated with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% Triton for 1h at room temperature to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab38113 at 1µg/ml and ab7291 (Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin - Loading Control) used at a 1/1000 dilution overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibodies were ab150081, Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) preadsorbed, (pseudo-colored green) and ab150120, Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (Alexa Fluor® 594) preadsorbed, (colored red), both used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43 µM for 1hour at room temperature.
IHC image of KDM6B/JMJD3 staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded normal human liver* performed on a Leica BONDTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20mins. The section was then incubated with ab38113, 5ug/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
*Tissue obtained from the Human Research Tissue Bank, supported by the NIHR Cambridge Biomedical Research Centre
ab38113 has been referenced in 25 publications.
- Hayashi Y et al. Cochlear supporting cells function as macrophage-like cells and protect audiosensory receptor hair cells from pathogens. Sci Rep 10:6740 (2020). PubMed: 32317718
- Chakraborty AA et al. Histone demethylase KDM6A directly senses oxygen to control chromatin and cell fate. Science 363:1217-1222 (2019). WB . PubMed: 30872525
- Argaud D et al. Enhancer-mediated enrichment of interacting JMJD3-DDX21 to ENPP2 locus prevents R-loop formation and promotes transcription. Nucleic Acids Res 47:8424-8438 (2019). PubMed: 31251802
- Smith HW et al. An ErbB2/c-Src axis links bioenergetics with PRC2 translation to drive epigenetic reprogramming and mammary tumorigenesis. Nat Commun 10:2901 (2019). PubMed: 31263101
- Zou S et al. JMJD3 promotes the epithelial-mesenchymal transition and migration of glioma cells via the CXCL12/CXCR4 axis. Oncol Lett 18:5930-5940 (2019). PubMed: 31788067