Product nameAnti-Kettin antibody [MAC 155]
DescriptionRat monoclonal [MAC 155] to Kettin
SpecificityAntibody reacts with 500 and 700 kDa isoforms in Lethocerus and Drosophila flight and non-flight muscle. The epitope is near the middle of the molecule. Antibody reacts with Caenorhabditis (nematode) muscle and does not react with rabbit skeletal muscle.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, Electron Microscopy, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Caenorhabditis elegans, Drosophila melanogaster, Waterbug
Does not react with: Rabbit
Z-discs purified from Lethocerus indicus (Waterbug)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Clone numberMAC 155
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50585 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Electron Microscopy||Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22479211|
FunctionKey component in the assembly and functioning of adult and embryonic striated muscles and muscle tendons. By providing connections at the level of individual microfilaments, it contributes to the fine balance of forces between the two halves of the sarcomere. The size and extensibility of the cross-links are the main determinants of sarcomere extensibility properties of muscle. In non-muscle cells, seems to play a role in chromosome condensation and chromosome segregation during mitosis. Might link the lamina network to chromatin or nuclear actin, or both during interphase.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the mesoderm at stage 11, several hours before myoblast fusion, and persists in most muscle cells, somatic, visceral and pharyngeal muscles and their precursors, until the third instar. Also expressed in adult flight muscle Z-disks.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 7 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 53 Ig-like (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 SH3 domain.
Contains 7 TPR repeats.
Developmental stageExpressed both maternally and zygotically.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Chromosome. Uniformly distributed along condensed mitotic chromosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- D Titin antibody
- D-Titin antibody
- Kettin antibody
ab50585 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Morrison CA et al. Glass promotes the differentiation of neuronal and non-neuronal cell types in the Drosophila eye. PLoS Genet 14:e1007173 (2018). IHC ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 29324767
- Jablonska J et al. Drosophila Hsp67Bc hot-spot variants alter muscle structure and function. Cell Mol Life Sci N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30032358
- Chechenova MB et al. Functional redundancy and nonredundancy between two Troponin C isoforms in Drosophila adult muscles. Mol Biol Cell 28:760-770 (2017). IHC-Fr ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 28077621
- Wójtowicz I et al. Drosophila small heat shock protein CryAB ensures structural integrity of developing muscles, and proper muscle and heart performance. Development 142:994-1005 (2015). PubMed: 25715399
- Molnár I et al. DAAM is required for thin filament formation and Sarcomerogenesis during muscle development in Drosophila. PLoS Genet 10:e1004166 (2014). ICC/IF ; Drosophila melanogaster . PubMed: 24586196