Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Ki67
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human, African green monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Ki67 antibody
See all Ki67 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ki67
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, African green monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Ki67. Immunogen is from the 62 base pair region of the human Ki-67 antigen.
Database link: P46013
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab833 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/25 - 1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol. We recommend using an ABC system for detection of this antibody.|
FunctionRequired to maintain individual mitotic chromosomes dispersed in the cytoplasm following nuclear envelope disassembly (PubMed:27362226). Associates with the surface of the mitotic chromosome, the perichromosomal layer, and covers a substantial fraction of the chromosome surface (PubMed:27362226). Prevents chromosomes from collapsing into a single chromatin mass by forming a steric and electrostatic charge barrier: the protein has a high net electrical charge and acts as a surfactant, dispersing chromosomes and enabling independent chromosome motility (PubMed:27362226). Binds DNA, with a preference for supercoiled DNA and AT-rich DNA (PubMed:10878551). Does not contribute to the internal structure of mitotic chromosomes (By similarity). May play a role in chromatin organization (PubMed:24867636). It is however unclear whether it plays a direct role in chromatin organization or whether it is an indirect consequence of its function in maintaining mitotic chromosomes dispersed.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 FHA domain.
Contains 16 K167R repeats.
Contains 1 PP1-binding domain.
Developmental stageExpression occurs preferentially during late G1, S, G2 and M phases of the cell cycle, while in cells in G0 phase the antigen cannot be detected (at protein level) (PubMed:6206131). Present at highest level in G2 phase and during mitosis (at protein level). In interphase, forms fiber-like structures in fibrillarin-deficient regions surrounding nucleoli (PubMed:2674163, PubMed:8799815).
modificationsPhosphorylated. Hyperphosphorylated in mitosis (PubMed:10502411, PubMed:10653604). Hyperphosphorylated form does not bind DNA.
Cellular localizationChromosome. Nucleus. Nucleus, nucleolus. Associates with the surface of the mitotic chromosome, the perichromosomal layer, and covers a substantial fraction of the mitotic chromosome surface (PubMed:27362226). Associates with satellite DNA in G1 phase (PubMed:9510506). Binds tightly to chromatin in interphase, chromatin-binding decreases in mitosis when it associates with the surface of the condensed chromosomes (PubMed:15896774, PubMed:22002106). Predominantly localized in the G1 phase in the perinucleolar region, in the later phases it is also detected throughout the nuclear interior, being predominantly localized in the nuclear matrix (PubMed:22002106).
- Information by UniProt
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody Ki 67 antibody
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody Ki-67 antibody
- Antigen KI-67 antibody
HT-29 xenograft tumor in mouse 20x pretreatment w/ citrate pH 6.0 using anti-Ki67 antibody ab833 at 5 ug/mL for 30 min at RT.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human skin tissue, staining Ki67 (red) with ab833.
Antigen retrieval was performed by heat mediation in a EDTA/Tris buffer (pH 8.0). Sections were blocked with 10% NGS for 1 hour at room temperature, followed by incubation with primary antibody (1/25). An AlexFluor®546 anti-rabbit IgG (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab833 - immunohistochemistry
Formalin fixed paraffin embedded human tonsil stained with Ki-67, using ABC and AEC chromogen.
ab833 has been referenced in 139 publications.
- Lin X et al. Curcumin micelles suppress gastric tumor cell growth by upregulating ROS generation, disrupting redox equilibrium and affecting mitochondrial bioenergetics. Food Funct 11:4146-4159 (2020). PubMed: 32347864
- Jiang Y et al. LncRNA LINC00460 promotes EMT in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma by facilitating peroxiredoxin-1 into the nucleus. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:365 (2019). PubMed: 31429766
- Yuan L et al. Exosomes Derived From MicroRNA-148b-3p-Overexpressing Human Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells Restrain Breast Cancer Progression. Front Oncol 9:1076 (2019). PubMed: 31696054
- Feng Y et al. Tanshinone IIA attenuates demyelination and promotes remyelination in A. cantonensis-infected BALB/c mice. Int J Biol Sci 15:2211-2223 (2019). PubMed: 31592236
- Wu B et al. MRPS30-DT Knockdown Inhibits Breast Cancer Progression by Targeting Jab1/Cops5. Front Oncol 9:1170 (2019). PubMed: 31788446