Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [SP6] to Ki67 - BSA free
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Common marmoset
Product nameAnti-Ki67 antibody [SP6] - BSA free
See all Ki67 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [SP6] to Ki67 - BSA free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Common marmoset
Synthetic peptide within Human Ki67 aa 1200-1300 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P46013
- WB: Ramos and HeLa cell lysates. IHC-P: Human tonsil and testis tissue. Common marmoset spleen tissue. Rat esophagus, small intestine and liver tissue. Mouse embryonic skin tissue. Transgenic mouse spinal cord tissue. ICC/IF: HAP1 cells. Human cardiac stem cells. HEp-2 cells. Flow Cyt: HAP1 cells.
FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
ab231172 is the carrier-free version of ab16667. This format is designed for use in antibody labeling, including fluorochromes, metal isotopes, oligonucleotides, enzymes.
Our carrier-free formats are supplied in a buffer free of BSA, sodium azide and glycerol for higher conjugation efficiency.
Use our conjugation kits for antibody conjugates that are ready-to-use in as little as 20 minutes with <1 minute hands-on-time and 100% antibody recovery: available for fluorescent dyes, HRP, biotin and gold.
Ab231172 is compatible with the Maxpar® Antibody Labeling Kit from Fluidigm.
Maxpar® is a trademark of Fluidigm Canada Inc.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab231172 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20562294|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Antigen retrieval: Boil tissue section in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10 min followed by cooling at room temperature for 20 min.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
A higher dilution is recommended for frozen tissues than for FFPE tissues. We suggest a starting dilution of 1/500.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab199376 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (BSA free), is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionRequired to maintain individual mitotic chromosomes dispersed in the cytoplasm following nuclear envelope disassembly (PubMed:27362226). Associates with the surface of the mitotic chromosome, the perichromosomal layer, and covers a substantial fraction of the chromosome surface (PubMed:27362226). Prevents chromosomes from collapsing into a single chromatin mass by forming a steric and electrostatic charge barrier: the protein has a high net electrical charge and acts as a surfactant, dispersing chromosomes and enabling independent chromosome motility (PubMed:27362226). Binds DNA, with a preference for supercoiled DNA and AT-rich DNA (PubMed:10878551). Does not contribute to the internal structure of mitotic chromosomes (By similarity). May play a role in chromatin organization (PubMed:24867636). It is however unclear whether it plays a direct role in chromatin organization or whether it is an indirect consequence of its function in maintaining mitotic chromosomes dispersed.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 FHA domain.
Contains 16 K167R repeats.
Contains 1 PP1-binding domain.
Developmental stageExpression occurs preferentially during late G1, S, G2 and M phases of the cell cycle, while in cells in G0 phase the antigen cannot be detected (at protein level) (PubMed:6206131). Present at highest level in G2 phase and during mitosis (at protein level). In interphase, forms fiber-like structures in fibrillarin-deficient regions surrounding nucleoli (PubMed:2674163, PubMed:8799815).
modificationsPhosphorylated. Hyperphosphorylated in mitosis (PubMed:10502411, PubMed:10653604). Hyperphosphorylated form does not bind DNA.
Cellular localizationChromosome. Nucleus. Nucleus, nucleolus. Associates with the surface of the mitotic chromosome, the perichromosomal layer, and covers a substantial fraction of the mitotic chromosome surface (PubMed:27362226). Associates with satellite DNA in G1 phase (PubMed:9510506). Binds tightly to chromatin in interphase, chromatin-binding decreases in mitosis when it associates with the surface of the condensed chromosomes (PubMed:15896774, PubMed:22002106). Predominantly localized in the G1 phase in the perinucleolar region, in the later phases it is also detected throughout the nuclear interior, being predominantly localized in the nuclear matrix (PubMed:22002106).
- Information by UniProt
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody Ki 67 antibody
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody Ki-67 antibody
- Antigen KI-67 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Ki67 antibody [SP6] (ab16667) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 : Ramos cell lysate
Lane 2 : Wild-type HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : Ki67 knockout HeLa cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 359 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
This data was developed using the same antibody clone in a different buffer formulation (ab16667).
ab16667 was shown to react with Ki67 in wild-type HeLa. Loss of signal was observed when knockout sample ab263762 was used. Wild-type and Ki67 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab16667 and Anti-Vinculin antibody VIN-54] (ab130007) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1 in 100 dilution and 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab231172 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Lanciotti A et al. Megalencephalic leukoencephalopathy with subcortical cysts protein-1 regulates epidermal growth factor receptor signaling in astrocytes. Hum Mol Genet 25:1543-58 (2016). PubMed: 26908604
- Harlow ML et al. Lurbinectedin Inactivates the Ewing Sarcoma Oncoprotein EWS-FLI1 by Redistributing It within the Nucleus. Cancer Res 76:6657-6668 (2016). PubMed: 27697767
- Viana LR et al. Leucine-rich diet alters the1H-NMR based metabolomic profile without changing the Walker-256 tumour mass in rats. BMC Cancer 16:764 (2016). PubMed: 27716121
- Nádia Backes A et al. Liver regeneration model in growing rats with hepatic artery ligation: histologic and molecular studies. Transplant Proc 47:1033-7 (2015). PubMed: 26036512
- Vahle JL et al. Effects of the GLP-1 Receptor Agonist Dulaglutide on the Structure of the Exocrine Pancreas of Cynomolgus Monkeys. Toxicol Pathol 43:1004-14 (2015). PubMed: 26059826