Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Kidins220
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Kidins220 antibody
See all Kidins220 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Kidins220
Specificityab34790 recognises Kidins220 (ARMS).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34790 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.
FunctionPromotes a prolonged MAP-kinase signaling by neurotrophins through activation of a Rap1-dependent mechanism. Provides a docking site for the CRKL-C3G complex, resulting in Rap1-dependent sustained ERK activation. May play an important role in regulating postsynaptic signal transduction through the syntrophin-mediated localization of receptor tyrosine kinases such as EPHA4. In cooperation with SNTA1 can enhance EPHA4-induced JAK/STAT activation. May play a role in neurotrophin- and ephrin-mediated neuronal outgrowth and in axon guidance during neural development and in neuronal regeneration (By similarity). Modulates stress-induced apoptosis of melanoma cells via regulation of the MEK/ERK signaling pathway.
Tissue specificityAbundant in developing and adult neural tissues as well as neuroendocrine cells and dendritic cells. Overexpressed in melanoma and melanoma cell lines.
Sequence similaritiesContains 12 ANK repeats.
Contains 1 KAP NTPase domain.
DomainThe transmembrane domain mediates interaction with NTRK1.
modificationsTyrosine phosphorylated by NTRK1, NTRK2, EPHB2 and EPHA4. Phosphorylation at Ser-918 is induced by phorbol ester treatment. Phosphorylation by NTRK2 is induced by brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and neurotrophin-4/5. Phosphorylation by NTRK1 is induced by nerve growth factor (NGF).
- Information by UniProt
- Ankyrin repeat-rich membrane-spanning protein antibody
- arms antibody
- KDIS_HUMAN antibody
ICC/IF image of ab34790 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab34790, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab34790 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Jaudon F et al. Kidins220/ARMS controls astrocyte calcium signaling and neuron-astrocyte communication. Cell Death Differ 27:1505-1519 (2020). PubMed: 31624352
- Nahorski MS et al. Clathrin heavy chain 22 contributes to the control of neuropeptide degradation and secretion during neuronal development. Sci Rep 8:2340 (2018). PubMed: 29402896
- Eisenhardt AE et al. Phospho-proteomic analyses of B-Raf protein complexes reveal new regulatory principles. Oncotarget 7:26628-52 (2016). PubMed: 27034005
- Cesca F et al. Functional Interaction between the Scaffold Protein Kidins220/ARMS and Neuronal Voltage-Gated Na+ Channels. J Biol Chem 290:18045-55 (2015). PubMed: 26037926
- Marracci S et al. Kidins220/ARMS is dynamically expressed during Xenopus laevis development. Int J Dev Biol 57:787-92 (2013). PubMed: 24307304
- Li J et al. PI3K p110a/Akt signaling negatively regulates secretion of the intestinal peptide neurotensin through interference of granule transport. Mol Endocrinol 26:1380-93 (2012). Human . PubMed: 22700584
- Li J et al. PKD1, PKD2, and Their Substrate Kidins220 Regulate Neurotensin Secretion in the BON Human Endocrine Cell Line. J Biol Chem 283:2614-21 (2008). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 18048355