Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KIF14
- Suitable for: IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KIF14 antibody
See all KIF14 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KIF14
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human KIF14 aa 50-150.
Database link: Q15058
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3746 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at 1-4 µg/mg of lysate.
Use at 1-4 µg/mg of lysate.
FunctionPlays an essential role in cytokinesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the kinesin-like protein family.
Contains 1 FHA domain.
Contains 1 kinesin-motor domain.
Developmental stageUp-regulated in cells progressing through G2/M phase.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Nuclear localization observed during interphase in PubMed:16431929 or triggered by entry into mitosis in PubMed:16648480. Cytoplasmic in interphase (PubMed:16648480) and metaphase cells (PubMed:16431929). From prophase to metaphase, accumulates at the developing spindle poles and their associated microtubules. During anaphase, accumulates at the spindle midzone. Localization to the central spindle and midbody during anaphase is dependent upon PRC1 and CIT presence. In cells ready to undergo abscission, concentrates at the contractile ring.
- Information by UniProt
- KIAA0042 antibody
- KIF 14 antibody
- KIF14 antibody
KIF14 was immunoprecipitated from 50 µg/ml and 1 mg of HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysate with ab3746 at 3 µg/ml. Western blot was performed from the immunoprecipitate using ab3746 at 1 µg/ml.
Lane 1: HeLa whole cell lysate 50 µg (Input).
Lane 2: ab3746 IP in HeLa whole cell lysate.
Lane 3: Ctrl IgG instead of ab3746.
ab3746 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Malaby HLH et al. Kinesin-binding protein ensures accurate chromosome segregation by buffering KIF18A and KIF15. J Cell Biol 218:1218-1234 (2019). PubMed: 30709852
- Reilly ML et al. Loss-of-function mutations in KIF14 cause severe microcephaly and kidney development defects in humans and zebrafish. Hum Mol Genet 28:778-795 (2019). PubMed: 30388224
- Wang ZZ et al. KIF14 promotes cell proliferation via activation of Akt and is directly targeted by miR-200c in colorectal cancer. Int J Oncol 53:1939-1952 (2018). PubMed: 30226594
- Sgrò F et al. Tissue-specific control of midbody microtubule stability by Citron kinase through modulation of TUBB3 phosphorylation. Cell Death Differ 23:801-13 (2016). PubMed: 26586574
- Carleton M et al. RNA interference-mediated silencing of mitotic kinesin KIF14 disrupts cell cycle progression and induces cytokinesis failure. Mol Cell Biol 26:3853-63 (2006). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 16648480