Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to KIF4A/KIF4
- Suitable for: IP, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3815 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionMotor protein that translocates PRC1 to the plus ends of interdigitating spindle microtubules during the metaphase to anaphase transition, an essential step for the formation of an organized central spindle midzone and midbody and for successful cytokinesis. May play a role in mitotic chromosomal positioning and bipolar spindle stabilization.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in hematopoietic tissues, fetal liver, spleen, thymus and adult thymus and bone marrow. Lower levels are found in heart, testis, kidney, colon and lung.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the kinesin-like protein family. Chromokinesin subfamily.
Contains 1 kinesin-motor domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus matrix. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Midbody. Chromosome. Not present in the nucleolus. In early mitosis, associated with the mitotic spindle, in anaphase, localized to the spindle midzone and, in telophase and cytokinesis, to the midbody. In late cytokinesis, found in the center of the midbody. Associated with chromosomes at all stages of mitosis.
- Information by UniProt
- Chromokinesin antibody
- Chromokinesin-A antibody
- Chromosome associated kinesin KIF4A antibody
ab3815 (1/100) stainning KIF4A/KIF4 in HeLa Cells (blue). Cells were fixed with Methanol and BSA was used as blocking agent. Please refer to abreview for further experimental details.
All lanes : Anti-KIF4A/KIF4 antibody (ab3815) at 1/100 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate prepared from HeLa cells synchronized with Nocodazole for 12 hours.
Lane 2 : As Lane one but with KIF4A/KIF4 siRNA treatment as negative control.
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP conjugated anti goat at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Observed band size: 140 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 3 minutes
ab3815 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Champion L et al. Dissociation of membrane-chromatin contacts is required for proper chromosome segregation in mitosis. Mol Biol Cell 30:427-440 (2019). PubMed: 30586323
- Lopez-Camacho C et al. Core binding factor ß (CBFß) is retained in the midbody during cytokinesis. J Cell Physiol 229:1466-74 (2014). PubMed: 24648201
- Hu CK et al. Midbody assembly and its regulation during cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell 23:1024-34 (2012). ICC/IF . PubMed: 22278743
- Hu CK et al. Plk1 negatively regulates PRC1 to prevent premature midzone formation before cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell 23:2702-11 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 22621898
- Hu CK et al. KIF4 regulates midzone length during cytokinesis. Curr Biol 21:815-24 (2011). PubMed: 21565503
- Wilmeth LJ et al. Mutual dependence of Mob1 and the chromosomal passenger complex for localization during mitosis. Mol Biol Cell 21:380-92 (2010). Human . PubMed: 19955215