Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5459] to KIF4A/KIF4
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
Product nameAnti-KIF4A/KIF4 antibody [EPR5459]
See all KIF4A/KIF4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5459] to KIF4A/KIF4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide within Human KIF4A/KIF4 aa 50-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- Mouse thymus tissue lysate; HeLa cell lysate; 293T cell lysate; 293 cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Dissociation constant (KD)KD = 1.52 x 10 -11 M Learn more about KD
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124903 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 170 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 140 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||1/100 - 1/500.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionMotor protein that translocates PRC1 to the plus ends of interdigitating spindle microtubules during the metaphase to anaphase transition, an essential step for the formation of an organized central spindle midzone and midbody and for successful cytokinesis. May play a role in mitotic chromosomal positioning and bipolar spindle stabilization.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in hematopoietic tissues, fetal liver, spleen, thymus and adult thymus and bone marrow. Lower levels are found in heart, testis, kidney, colon and lung.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the kinesin-like protein family. Chromokinesin subfamily.
Contains 1 kinesin-motor domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus matrix. Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton > spindle. Midbody. Chromosome. Not present in the nucleolus. In early mitosis, associated with the mitotic spindle, in anaphase, localized to the spindle midzone and, in telophase and cytokinesis, to the midbody. In late cytokinesis, found in the center of the midbody. Associated with chromosomes at all stages of mitosis.
- Information by UniProt
- Chromokinesin antibody
- Chromokinesin-A antibody
- Chromosome associated kinesin KIF4A antibody
All lanes : Anti-KIF4A/KIF4 antibody [EPR5459] (ab124903) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse thymus tissue lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 140 kDa
Observed band size: 170 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Flow cytometric analysis of permeablized 293 cells using ab124903 at 1/10 dilution (red) or a rabbit IgG negative control (green).
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
ab124903 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Cao Q et al. Targeting the KIF4A/AR Axis to Reverse Endocrine Therapy Resistance in Castration-resistant Prostate Cancer. Clin Cancer Res 26:1516-1528 (2020). PubMed: 31796514
- Yang D et al. Oxidized ATM promotes breast cancer stem cell enrichment through energy metabolism reprogram-mediated acetyl-CoA accumulation. Cell Death Dis 11:508 (2020). PubMed: 32641713
- Hu G et al. FOXM1 promotes hepatocellular carcinoma progression by regulating KIF4A expression. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:188 (2019). PubMed: 31072351
- Wei YL & Yang WX Kinesin-14 motor protein KIFC1 participates in DNA synthesis and chromatin maintenance. Cell Death Dis 10:402 (2019). PubMed: 31127080
- Su KC et al. A Regulatory Switch Alters Chromosome Motions at the Metaphase-to-Anaphase Transition. Cell Rep 17:1728-1738 (2016). PubMed: 27829144
- Willemsen MH et al. Involvement of the kinesin family members KIF4A and KIF5C in intellectual disability and synaptic function. J Med Genet 51:487-94 (2014). PubMed: 24812067