Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KIF5B
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KIF5B antibody
See all KIF5B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KIF5B
SpecificityThis antibody detects total level of endogenous kinesin protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human KIF5B. Stalk domain of human KIF5B (amino acids 331-906) expressed in E. coli (FKHC3).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified from rabbit serum by afinity chromatography. > 95% pure (by SDS PAGE).
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25715 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 110 kDa.|
FunctionMicrotubule-dependent motor required for normal distribution of mitochondria and lysosomes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TRAFAC class myosin-kinesin ATPase superfamily. Kinesin family. Kinesin subfamily.
Contains 1 kinesin motor domain.
DomainComposed of three structural domains: a large globular N-terminal domain which is responsible for the motor activity of kinesin (it hydrolyzes ATP and binds microtubule), a central alpha-helical coiled coil domain that mediates the heavy chain dimerization; and a small globular C-terminal domain which interacts with other proteins (such as the kinesin light chains), vesicles and membranous organelles.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytoskeleton. Uniformly distributed between soma and neurites in hippocampal neurons.
- Information by UniProt
- Conventional kinesin heavy chain antibody
- KIF 5B antibody
- KIF5B antibody
All lanes : Anti-KIF5B antibody (ab25715)
Lane 1 : Human HEK cell line
Lane 2 : Porcine brain
Predicted band size: 110 kDa
ab25715 staining KIF5B in Human HeLa cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilzed with 0.1% Triton and blocked with 0.1% BSA for 16 hours at 4°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500 in PBS + 0.1% BSA) for 1 hour at 37°C. An Alexa Fluor®546-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab25715 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Furey C et al. TACC3 Regulates Microtubule Plus-End Dynamics and Cargo Transport in Interphase Cells. Cell Rep 30:269-283.e6 (2020). PubMed: 31914393
- Malikov V & Naghavi MH Localized Phosphorylation of a Kinesin-1 Adaptor by a Capsid-Associated Kinase Regulates HIV-1 Motility and Uncoating. Cell Rep 20:2792-2799 (2017). PubMed: 28930676
- Malikov V et al. HIV-1 capsids bind and exploit the kinesin-1 adaptor FEZ1 for inward movement to the nucleus. Nat Commun 6:6660 (2015). WB, ICC/IF . PubMed: 25818806
- Chu Y et al. Alterations in axonal transport motor proteins in sporadic and experimental Parkinson's disease. Brain 135:2058-73 (2012). ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 22719003