Product nameAnti-KIF5B antibody
See all KIF5B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KIF5B
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for KIF5B.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Zebrafish
- Fetal brain lysate and human hepatocyte tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42492 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 110 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
FunctionMicrotubule-dependent motor required for normal distribution of mitochondria and lysosomes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TRAFAC class myosin-kinesin ATPase superfamily. Kinesin family. Kinesin subfamily.
Contains 1 kinesin motor domain.
DomainComposed of three structural domains: a large globular N-terminal domain which is responsible for the motor activity of kinesin (it hydrolyzes ATP and binds microtubule), a central alpha-helical coiled coil domain that mediates the heavy chain dimerization; and a small globular C-terminal domain which interacts with other proteins (such as the kinesin light chains), vesicles and membranous organelles.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytoskeleton. Uniformly distributed between soma and neurites in hippocampal neurons.
- Information by UniProt
- Conventional kinesin heavy chain antibody
- KIF 5B antibody
- KIF5B antibody
Anti-KIF5B antibody (ab42492) at 1/100 dilution + fetal brain lysate
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 110 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa
ab42492 at 4.0µg/ml, staining KIF5B in human hepatocytes.
ICC/IF image of ab42492 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab42492, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab42492 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Fan W et al. Hsp70 Interacts with Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase (MAPK)-Activated Protein Kinase 2 To Regulate p38MAPK Stability and Myoblast Differentiation during Skeletal Muscle Regeneration. Mol Cell Biol 38:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30275345
- Yasuda K et al. FUS inclusions disrupt RNA localization by sequestering kinesin-1 and inhibiting microtubule detyrosination. J Cell Biol 216:1015-1034 (2017). PubMed: 28298410
- Yi P et al. KIF5B transports BNIP-2 to regulate p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation and myoblast differentiation. Mol Biol Cell 26:29-42 (2015). PubMed: 25378581
- Cho JH et al. Identification of the novel substrates for caspase-6 in apoptosis using proteomic approaches. BMB Rep 46:588-93 (2013). PubMed: 24195789
- Borysov SI et al. Alzheimer Aß disrupts the mitotic spindle and directly inhibits mitotic microtubule motors. Cell Cycle 10:1397-410 (2011). PubMed: 21566458
- Turner LS et al. Autophagy is increased in prostate cancer cells overexpressing acid ceramidase and enhances resistance to C(6) ceramide. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 14:30-7 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21116286