Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KIF5B
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KIF5B antibody
See all KIF5B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KIF5B
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for KIF5B and does not detect other kinesin isotypes.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Mouse neuronal cell extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5629 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 110 kDa).Can be blocked with Human KIF5B peptide (ab41782).|
FunctionMicrotubule-dependent motor required for normal distribution of mitochondria and lysosomes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TRAFAC class myosin-kinesin ATPase superfamily. Kinesin family. Kinesin subfamily.
Contains 1 kinesin motor domain.
DomainComposed of three structural domains: a large globular N-terminal domain which is responsible for the motor activity of kinesin (it hydrolyzes ATP and binds microtubule), a central alpha-helical coiled coil domain that mediates the heavy chain dimerization; and a small globular C-terminal domain which interacts with other proteins (such as the kinesin light chains), vesicles and membranous organelles.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytoskeleton. Uniformly distributed between soma and neurites in hippocampal neurons.
- Information by UniProt
- Conventional kinesin heavy chain antibody
- KIF 5B antibody
- KIF5B antibody
ab5629 labelling KIF5B (green) in HeLa cells. Cells fixed in 3.2% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.2% Triton X-100 for 30 minutes at 37ºC were blocked with 3% BSA in PBS for 30 minutes at room temperature. Cells were incubated with the primary antibody (1:250) overnight at 4°C. A fluorescently-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody (1:2000). Images were taken on wide-field fluorescent microscope at 63X magnification.
Shows ab5629 used for a Western blot of Mouse neuronal cell extract.
ab5629 at 1/200 dilution staining the mouse oligodendrocyte cell line, Olineu, by immunocytochemistry. The antibody was incubated with the cells for 30 minutes and then detected using a Cy3 conjugated secondary antibody.
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Katarina Trajko on 22 February 2006.
ab5629 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Tigchelaar W et al. Hypertrophy induced KIF5B controls mitochondrial localization and function in neonatal rat cardiomyocytes. J Mol Cell Cardiol 97:70-81 (2016). PubMed: 27094714
- Du W et al. Kinesin 1 Drives Autolysosome Tubulation. Dev Cell 37:326-336 (2016). PubMed: 27219061
- Carpentier DC et al. Vaccinia virus protein complex F12/E2 interacts with kinesin light chain isoform 2 to engage the kinesin-1 motor complex. PLoS Pathog 11:e1004723 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25760349
- Brown AK et al. Opposing microtubule motors control motility, morphology and cargo segregation during ER-to-Golgi transport. Biol Open 3:307-13 (2014). PubMed: 24705013
- Barry J et al. Activation of conventional kinesin motors in clusters by Shaw voltage-gated K+ channels. J Cell Sci 126:2027-41 (2013). PubMed: 23487040
- Hunt SD et al. Microtubule motors mediate endosomal sorting by maintaining functional domain organization. J Cell Sci 126:2493-501 (2013). PubMed: 23549789
- Loschi M et al. Dynein and kinesin regulate stress-granule and P-body dynamics. J Cell Sci 122:3973-82 (2009). ICC/IF . PubMed: 19825938
- Cardoso CM et al. Depletion of kinesin 5B affects lysosomal distribution and stability and induces peri-nuclear accumulation of autophagosomes in cancer cells. PLoS One 4:e4424 (2009). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 19242560
- DeBoer SR et al. Conventional kinesin holoenzymes are composed of heavy and light chain homodimers. Biochemistry 47:4535-43 (2008). PubMed: 18361505
- Brickley K et al. GRIF-1 and OIP106, members of a novel gene family of coiled-coil domain proteins: association in vivo and in vitro with kinesin. J Biol Chem 280:14723-32 (2005). PubMed: 15644324