Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KIRREL
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KIRREL antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KIRREL
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog
- WB: HepG2 cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82804 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionPlays a significant role in the normal development and function of the glomerular permeability. Signaling protein that needs the presence of TEC kinases to fully trans-activate the transcription factor AP-1.
Tissue specificityAbundantly expressed in kidney. Specifically expressed in podocytes of kidney glomeruli.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
modificationsPhosphorylation probably regulates the interaction with NSH2.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Predominantly located at podocyte slit diaphragm.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ10845 antibody
- Kin of IRRE like (Drosophila) antibody
- Kin of IRRE like antibody
Anti-KIRREL antibody (ab82804) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + HepG2 cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 66 kDa
Observed band size: 64 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Gel concentration: 12%
ab82804 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhang MJ et al. Overexpression of Kin of IRRE-Like Protein 1 (KIRREL) in Gastric Cancer and Its Clinical Prognostic Significance. Med Sci Monit 24:2711-2719 (2018). PubMed: 29717104
- Durcan PJ et al. Identification and characterization of novel Kirrel isoform during myogenesis. Physiol Rep 1:e00044 (2013). PubMed: 24303129
- Ito M et al. Glycoprotein hyposialylation gives rise to a nephrotic-like syndrome that is prevented by sialic acid administration in GNE V572L point-mutant mice. PLoS One 7:e29873 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22253810