Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Kisspeptin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Kisspeptin antibody
See all Kisspeptin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Kisspeptin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide near the N terminus of the full-length mouse KISS1 protein.
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19028 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa.|
FunctionMetastasis suppressor protein in malignant melanomas and in some breast cancers. May regulate events downstream of cell-matrix adhesion, perhaps involving cytoskeletal reorganization. Generates a C-terminally amidated peptide, metastin which functions as the endogenous ligand of the G-protein coupled receptor GPR54. Activation of the receptor inhibits cell proliferation and cell migration, key characteristics of tumor metastasis. Kp-10 is a decapeptide derived from the primary translation product, isolated in conditioned medium of first trimester trophoblast. Kp-10, but not other kisspeptins, increased intracellular Ca(2+) levels in isolated first trimester trophoblasts. Kp-10 is a paracrine/endocrine regulator in fine-tuning trophoblast invasion generated by the trophoblast itself. The receptor is also essential for normal gonadotropin-released hormone physiology and for puberty. The hypothalamic KiSS1/GPR54 system is a pivotal factor in central regulation of the gonadotropic axis at puberty and in adulthood.
Tissue specificityVery high expression in placenta, with the next highest level in testis and moderate levels in pancreas, liver, small intestine and brain at much lower levels. Expression levels increased in both early placentas and molar pregnancies and are reduced in choriocarcinoma cells. Expressed at higher levels in first trimester trophoblasts than at term of gestation, but only expressed in the villous trophoblast.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the KISS1 family.
modificationsProcessed by MMP2 and MMP9.
- Information by UniProt
- KISS 1 antibody
- KiSS 1 metastasis suppressor antibody
- Kiss1 antibody
Anti-Kisspeptin antibody (ab19028) at 1 µg/ml + Jurkat cell lysate (30ug)
Predicted band size: 15 kDa
Observed band size: 15,35 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab19028 staining human breast cancer cells. 20 µg of protein were loaded in to each lane. The primary antibody was diluted to 1 µg/ml and incubated with the blot for 15 hours at 4°C. A HRP conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG antibody, diluted 1/5000, was used as the secondary.
ab19028 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Herber CB et al. Estrogen signaling in arcuate Kiss1 neurons suppresses a sex-dependent female circuit promoting dense strong bones. Nat Commun 10:163 (2019). PubMed: 30635563
- Liu G et al. LncRNA TP73-AS1 Promotes Cell Proliferation and Inhibits Cell Apoptosis in Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma Through Repressing KISS1 Expression and Inactivation of PI3K/Akt/mTOR Signaling Pathway. Cell Physiol Biochem 48:371-384 (2018). PubMed: 30016766
- Zhai L et al. Downregulation of leptin receptor and kisspeptin/GPR54 in the murine hypothalamus contributes to male hypogonadism caused by high-fat diet-induced obesity. Endocrine 62:195-206 (2018). PubMed: 29948931
- Fernandois D et al. Kisspeptin is involved in ovarian follicular development during aging in rats. J Endocrinol 228:161-70 (2016). PubMed: 26698566
- Dotterweich J et al. The KISS1 Receptor as an In Vivo Microenvironment Imaging Biomarker of Multiple Myeloma Bone Disease. PLoS One 11:e0155087 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27158817
- Salehi S et al. Developmental and endocrine regulation of kisspeptin expression in mouse Leydig cells. Endocrinology 156:1514-22 (2015). PubMed: 25635620
- Hsu MC et al. Kisspeptin modulates fertilization capacity of mouse spermatozoa. Reproduction 147:835-45 (2014). PubMed: 24567427
- Hua W et al. Analysis of the serum concentrations of kisspeptin and neurokinin B in the geese during reproductive cycle and their localisation in the ovary. Anim Reprod Sci 151:78-84 (2014). PubMed: 25282553
- Mitra A et al. Large isoform of MRJ (DNAJB6) reduces malignant activity of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res 10:R22 (2008). PubMed: 18328103
- Dissanayake SK et al. The Wnt5A/protein kinase C pathway mediates motility in melanoma cells via the inhibition of metastasis suppressors and initiation of an epithelial to mesenchymal transition. J Biol Chem 282:17259-71 (2007). PubMed: 17426020