Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KLF5
- Suitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KLF5 antibody
See all KLF5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KLF5
SpecificitySome of our customers have successfully used ab24331 on mouse, please see PubMed ID: 19720868 and 21600198. However, we have been unable to show cross-reactivity with this species and therefore we cannot guarantee this product will consistently work on mouse. Please contact our Scientific Support team for further information.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human KLF5 aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human small intestine tissue lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24331 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 0.6 - 3 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21600198|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
FunctionTranscription factor that binds to GC box promoter elements. Activates the transcription of these genes.
Tissue specificityExpressed only in testis and placenta.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the krueppel C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 3 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
modificationsUbiquitinated. Polyubiquitination involves WWP1 and leads to proteasomal degradation of this protein.
- Information by UniProt
FormKLF5 (also known as basic transcription element-binding protein 2, BTEB2, and intestine enriched krüppel-like factor, IKLF), appears to play a central role in the regulation of intestinal epithelial renewal in both the small intestine and colon. KLF5 also regulates adipocyte differentiation.
- Basic transcription element binding protein 2 antibody
- Basic transcription element-binding protein 2 antibody
- BTE binding protein 2 antibody
Anti-KLF5 antibody (ab24331) at 2 µg/ml + Small Intestine (Human) Tissue Lysate at 20 µg
IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/15000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 52 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
The image shows nuclear staining of the epithelial cells of the intestinal gland. Tris EDTA pH9 and Citrate pH6 are both suitable antigen retrieval techniques.
All lanes : Anti-KLF5 antibody (ab24331) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Marker ladder
Lane 2 : Cell lysate prepared from human Ls174T cells at 40 µg
Lane 3 : Cell lysate prepared from IEC-6 rat intestinal cells at 40 µg
Lanes 2-3 : HRP conjugated goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG at 1/1500 dilution
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Exposure time: 2 minutes
ab24331 has been referenced in 29 publications.
- Dang X et al. miR-145-5p is associated with smoke-related chronic obstructive pulmonary disease via targeting KLF5. Chem Biol Interact 300:82-90 (2019). PubMed: 30639269
- Zhang Z & Zhu X Clinical Significance of Lysophosphatidic Acid Receptor-2 (LPA2) and Krüppel-Like Factor 5 (KLF5) Protein Expression Detected by Tissue Microarray in Gastric Adenocarcinoma. Med Sci Monit 25:4705-4715 (2019). PubMed: 31235682
- Hasegawa T et al. Characterization and Evidence of the miR-888 Cluster as a Novel Cancer Network in Prostate. Mol Cancer Res 16:669-681 (2018). PubMed: 29330297
- Liang H et al. miR-145-5p reduces proliferation and migration of hepatocellular carcinoma by targeting KLF5. Mol Med Rep 17:8332-8338 (2018). PubMed: 29658584
- Zhang C et al. KLF5 controls glutathione metabolism to suppress p190-BCR-ABL+ B-cell lymphoblastic leukemia. Oncotarget 9:29665-29679 (2018). PubMed: 30038712