Key features and details
- Syrian hamster monoclonal [2F1] to KLRG1
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KLRG1 antibody [2F1]
See all KLRG1 primary antibodies
DescriptionSyrian hamster monoclonal [2F1] to KLRG1
Host speciesSyrian hamster
Specificityab25054 recognises KLRG1.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Activated NK (A-LAK) cells from B6 (H-2b) mice
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.88% Sodium chloride, 0.12% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified from TCS
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25054 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab18474 - Armenian Hamster monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionPlays an inhibitory role on natural killer (NK) cells and T-cell functions upon binding to their non-MHC ligands. May mediate missing self recognition by binding to a highly conserved site on classical cadherins, enabling it to monitor expression of E-cadherin/CDH1, N-cadherin/CDH2 and R-cadherin/CDH4 on target cells.
Tissue specificityExpressed specifically on natural killer (NK) cells and T-cells, mainly CD8 T-cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 C-type lectin domain.
DomainContains 1 copy of a cytoplasmic motif that is referred to as the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based inhibitor motif (ITIM). This motif is involved in modulation of cellular responses. Upon phosphorylation of ITIM motif KLRG1 associates with the two phosphatases PTPN11 and INPP5D.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- 2F1 Ag antibody
- 2F1 antibody
- C type lectin domain family 15 member A antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab25054 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Bouchentouf M et al. Induction of cardiac angiogenesis requires killer cell lectin-like receptor 1 and a4ß7 integrin expression by NK cells. J Immunol 185:7014-25 (2010). PubMed: 20971926
- Corral L et al. NK cell expression of the killer cell lectin-like receptor G1 (KLRG1), the mouse homolog of MAFA, is modulated by MHC class I molecules. Eur J Immunol 30:920-30 (2000). PubMed: 10741410
- Hanke T et al. 2F1 antigen, the mouse homolog of the rat "mast cell function-associated antigen", is a lectin-like type II transmembrane receptor expressed by natural killer cells. Eur J Immunol 28:4409-17 (1998). PubMed: 9862378