Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KMT1E / SETDB1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KMT1E / SETDB1 antibody
See all KMT1E / SETDB1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KMT1E / SETDB1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Immunogen was a synthetic peptide, which represented a portion of human SET domain, bifurcated 1 encoded within exon 19 (LocusLink ID 9869).
- WB: HeLa and 293T whole cell lysates
General notesCentrifuge tube to remove product from lid.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified using the peptide immobilized on solid support.
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12317 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 155 kDa.|
FunctionHistone methyltransferase that specifically trimethylates 'Lys-9' of histone H3. H3 'Lys-9' trimethylation represents a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression by recruiting HP1 (CBX1, CBX3 and/or CBX5) proteins to methylated histones. Mainly functions in euchromatin regions, thereby playing a central role in the silencing of euchromatic genes. H3 'Lys-9' trimethylation is coordinated with DNA methylation. Probably forms a complex with MBD1 and ATF7IP that represses transcription and couples DNA methylation and histone 'Lys-9' trimethylation. Its activity is dependent on MBD1 and is heritably maintained through DNA replication by being recruited by CAF-1. SETDB1 is targeted to histone H3 by TRIM28/TIF1B, a factor recruited by KRAB zinc-finger proteins.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. High expression in testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone-lysine methyltransferase family. Suvar3-9 subfamily.
Contains 1 MBD (methyl-CpG-binding) domain.
Contains 1 post-SET domain.
Contains 1 pre-SET domain.
Contains 1 SET domain.
Contains 2 Tudor domains.
DomainThe pre-SET, SET and post-SET domains are all required for methyltransferase activity. The 347-amino-acid insertion in the SET domain has no effect on the catalytic activity.
Isoform 2 lacks all domains required for histone methyltransferase activity.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome. Associated with non-pericentromeric regions of chromatin. Excluded from nucleoli and islands of condensed chromatin.
- Information by UniProt
- AU022152 antibody
- EC 22.214.171.124 antibody
- ERG-associated protein with SET domain antibody
ab12317 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Lee JH et al. Cockayne syndrome group B deficiency reduces H3K9me3 chromatin remodeler SETDB1 and exacerbates cellular aging. Nucleic Acids Res 47:8548-8562 (2019). PubMed: 31276581
- Orouji E et al. Histone methyltransferase SETDB1 contributes to melanoma tumorigenesis and serves as a new potential therapeutic target. Int J Cancer 145:3462-3477 (2019). PubMed: 31131878
- Alarcon V et al. The enzymes LSD1 and Set1A cooperate with the viral protein HBx to establish an active hepatitis B viral chromatin state. Sci Rep 6:25901 (2016). PubMed: 27174370
- Hatanaka Y et al. Histone chaperone CAF-1 mediates repressive histone modifications to protect preimplantation mouse embryos from endogenous retrotransposons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:14641-6 (2015). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 26546670
- Rivera C et al. Methylation of histone H3 lysine 9 occurs during translation. Nucleic Acids Res 43:9097-106 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26405197