Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KMT3A / HYPB / HIF-1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KMT3A / HYPB / HIF-1 antibody
See all KMT3A / HYPB / HIF-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KMT3A / HYPB / HIF-1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Cat, Dog
- HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900). Human placenta.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69836 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately >70 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 288 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
FunctionHistone methyltransferase that methylates 'Lys-36' of histone H3. H3 'Lys-36' methylation represents a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation. Probably plays a role in chromatin structure modulation during elongation via its interaction with hyperphosphorylated POLR2A. Binds DNA at promoters. May also act as a transcription activator that binds to promoters. Binds to the promoters of adenovirus 12 E1A gene in case of infection, possibly leading to regulate its expression.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone-lysine methyltransferase family. SET2 subfamily.
Contains 1 AWS domain.
Contains 1 post-SET domain.
Contains 1 SET domain.
Contains 1 WW domain.
DomainThe low charge region mediates the transcriptional activation activity.
modificationsMay be automethylated.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 18.104.22.168 antibody
- FLJ16420 antibody
- FLJ22472 antibody
All lanes : Anti-KMT3A / HYPB / HIF-1 antibody (ab69836) at 1.25 µg/ml
Lanes 1-3 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 4 : Molecular weight marker
All lanes : HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 288 kDa
Observed band size: >70 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human placenta using ab69836 at 4 µg/ml. Positively labelled trophoblast cells are indicated with arrows.
ICC/IF image of ab69836 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab69836, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab69836 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Oqani RK et al. Iws1 and Spt6 Regulate Trimethylation of Histone H3 on Lysine 36 through Akt Signaling and are Essential for Mouse Embryonic Genome Activation. Sci Rep 9:3831 (2019). PubMed: 30846735
- Ettel M et al. Expression and prognostic value of NSD1 and SETD2 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma and its precursor lesions. Pathology 51:392-398 (2019). PubMed: 31060750
- Sheng Y et al. Downregulation of the histone methyltransferase SETD2 promotes imatinib resistance in chronic myeloid leukaemia cells. Cell Prolif N/A:e12611 (2019). PubMed: 31054182
- Nojima T et al. Deregulated Expression of Mammalian lncRNA through Loss of SPT6 Induces R-Loop Formation, Replication Stress, and Cellular Senescence. Mol Cell 72:970-984.e7 (2018). PubMed: 30449723
- Diao YF et al. Dynamic changes of SETD2, a histone H3K36 methyltransferase, in porcine oocytes, IVF and SCNT embryos. PLoS One 13:e0191816 (2018). PubMed: 29447173
- Li Q et al. CoCl2 increases the expression of hypoxic markers HIF-1a, VEGF and CXCR4 in breast cancer MCF-7 cells. Oncol Lett 15:1119-1124 (2018). PubMed: 29391899
- Zhou W et al. MicroRNA-138 inhibits hypoxia-induced proliferation of endothelial progenitor cells via inhibition of HIF-1a-mediated MAPK and AKT signaling. Exp Ther Med 13:1017-1024 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28450935
- Reeder JE et al. HIV Tat controls RNA Polymerase II and the epigenetic landscape to transcriptionally reprogram target immune cells. Elife 4:N/A (2015). WB, ChIP . PubMed: 26488441
- Xiang W et al. miR-106b-5p targets tumor suppressor gene SETD2 to inactive its function in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Oncotarget 6:4066-79 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25714014