Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KMT4 / Dot1L
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KMT4 / Dot1L antibody
See all KMT4 / Dot1L primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KMT4 / Dot1L
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rhesus monkey
- WB: Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64077 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 171 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 185 kDa).
Abcam recommends using 1% Milk as the blocking agent.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionHistone methyltransferase. Methylates 'Lys-79' of histone H3. Nucleosomes are preferred as substrate compared to free histones. Binds to DNA.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class I-like SAM-binding methyltransferase superfamily. DOT1 family.
Contains 1 DOT1 domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Disrupter of telomere silencing protein 1 antibody
- DOT 1 antibody
- DOT1 antibody
Lanes 1-2 : Anti-KMT4 / Dot1L antibody (ab64077) at 5 µg/ml (1% Milk Block)
Lanes 3-4 : Anti-KMT4 / Dot1L antibody (ab64077) at 2 µg/ml (1% Milk Block)
Lanes 1 & 3 : Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889)
Lanes 2 & 4 : Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 185 kDa
Observed band size: 170 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 30 kDa, 41 kDa, 50 kDa, 70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
ICC/IF image of ab64077 stained MCF-7 cells. The cells were 100% Methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab64077, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 100% Methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa, Hek293. HepG2 cells at 5µg/ml.
ab64077 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Giannios I et al. Protein Methyltransferase Inhibition Decreases Endocrine Specification Through the Upregulation of Aldh1b1 Expression. Stem Cells N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30681750
- Yang L et al. Silencing or inhibition of H3K79 methyltransferase DOT1L induces cell cycle arrest by epigenetically modulating c-Myc expression in colorectal cancer. Clin Epigenetics 11:199 (2019). PubMed: 31888761
- Cornelis FMF et al. Increased susceptibility to develop spontaneous and post-traumatic osteoarthritis in Dot1l-deficient mice. Osteoarthritis Cartilage N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30513362
- Zhang X et al. Prognostic and therapeutic value of disruptor of telomeric silencing-1-like (DOT1L) expression in patients with ovarian cancer. J Hematol Oncol 10:29 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28114995
- Moretti C et al. SLY regulates genes involved in chromatin remodeling and interacts with TBL1XR1 during sperm differentiation. Cell Death Differ 24:1029-1044 (2017). IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 28475176