Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KMT4 / Dot1L
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KMT4 / Dot1L antibody
See all KMT4 / Dot1L primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KMT4 / Dot1L
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rhesus monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide (Human) corresponding to a region between residues 1000 and 1050 of KMT4/ Dot1L. (NP_115871.1).
- Whole cell HeLa lysate
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72454 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/200 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 185 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 185 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
FunctionHistone methyltransferase. Methylates 'Lys-79' of histone H3. Nucleosomes are preferred as substrate compared to free histones. Binds to DNA.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the class I-like SAM-binding methyltransferase superfamily. DOT1 family.
Contains 1 DOT1 domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Disrupter of telomere silencing protein 1 antibody
- DOT 1 antibody
- DOT1 antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human lung carcinoma tissue labelling KMT4 / Dot1L with ab72454 at 1/200 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
All lanes : Anti-KMT4 / Dot1L antibody (ab72454) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 185 kDa
Observed band size: 185 kDa
Additional bands at: 100 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 3 minutes
HeLa whole cell lysate ( 1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded) with ab72454 at 3 µg/mg lysate for IP, followed by ab72454 at 1 µg/ml for WB.
Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 10 seconds.
ab72454 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Nassa G et al. Inhibition of histone methyltransferase DOT1L silences ERa gene and blocks proliferation of antiestrogen-resistant breast cancer cells. Sci Adv 5:eaav5590 (2019). PubMed: 30775443
- Liu Y et al. Nuclear lactate dehydrogenase A senses ROS to produce a-hydroxybutyrate for HPV-induced cervical tumor growth. Nat Commun 9:4429 (2018). PubMed: 30356100
- Zhu B et al. The protective role of DOT1L in UV-induced melanomagenesis. Nat Commun 9:259 (2018). PubMed: 29343685
- Liu D et al. C/EBPß enhances platinum resistance of ovarian cancer cells by reprogramming H3K79 methylation. Nat Commun 9:1739 (2018). PubMed: 29712898
- Kryczek I et al. IL-22(+)CD4(+) T cells promote colorectal cancer stemness via STAT3 transcription factor activation and induction of the methyltransferase DOT1L. Immunity 40:772-784 (2014). PubMed: 24816405
- Cirillo F et al. Molecular Mechanisms of Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator Activity in Human Breast Cancer Cells: Identification of Novel Nuclear Cofactors of Antiestrogen-ERa Complexes by Interaction Proteomics. J Proteome Res : (2012). PubMed: 23170835
- Benedikt A et al. The leukemogenic AF4-MLL fusion protein causes P-TEFb kinase activation and altered epigenetic signatures. Leukemia 25:135-44 (2011). WB, IP ; Human . PubMed: 21030982
- He N et al. Human Polymerase-Associated Factor complex (PAFc) connects the Super Elongation Complex (SEC) to RNA polymerase II on chromatin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:E636-45 (2011). PubMed: 21873227