Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KMT6 / EZH2
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-KMT6 / EZH2 antibody
See all KMT6 / EZH2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KMT6 / EZH2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Turkey, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Zebrafish, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Xenopus tropicalis
- 293T, HeLa, Jurkat, and Mouse TCMK-1 whole cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: 99% Tris citrate/phosphate
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab186006 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2500. Predicted molecular weight: 85 kDa.|
|IP||Use at 2-10 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionPolycomb group (PcG) protein. Catalytic subunit of the PRC2/EED-EZH2 complex, which methylates 'Lys-9' and 'Lys-27' of histone H3, leading to transcriptional repression of the affected target gene. Able to mono-, di- and trimethylate 'Lys-27' of histone H3 to form H3K27me1, H3K27me2 and H3K27me3, respectively. Compared to EZH2-containing complexes, it is more abundant in embryonic stem cells and plays a major role in forming H3K27me3, which is required for embryonic stem cell identity and proper differentiation. The PRC2/EED-EZH2 complex may also serve as a recruiting platform for DNA methyltransferases, thereby linking two epigenetic repression systems. Genes repressed by the PRC2/EED-EZH2 complex include HOXC8, HOXA9, MYT1, CDKN2A and retinoic acid target genes.
Tissue specificityExpressed in many tissues. Overexpressed in numerous tumor types including carcinomas of the breast, colon, larynx, lymphoma and testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone-lysine methyltransferase family. EZ subfamily.
Contains 1 SET domain.
Developmental stageExpression decreases during senescence of embryonic fibroblasts (HEFs). Expression peaks at the G1/S phase boundary.
modificationsPhosphorylated by AKT1. Phosphorylation by AKT1 reduces methyltransferase activity.
- Information by UniProt
- Enhancer of zeste 2 antibody
- enhancer of zeste 2 polycomb repressive complex 2 subunit antibody
- Enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (Drosophila) antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-KMT6 / EZH2 antibody (ab186006) at 1 µg
Lanes 2-4 : Anti-KMT6 / EZH2 antibody (ab186006) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : 293T whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : Mouse TCMK-1 cells.lysate
Lysates/proteins at 50 µg per lane.
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 85 kDa
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Mouse plasmacytoma tissue stained with ab186006 at a diltution of 1:1000 to detect EZH2.
Human ovarian tissue stained with ab186006 at a diltution of 1:1000 to detect EZH2.
Detection of KMT6 / EZH2 by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate.
Lane 1: ab186006 at 1 µg/ml labeling KMT6 / EZH2 in 293T whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab186006 at 6µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane).
Lane 2: Control IgG
Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 3 minutes.
ab186006 has been referenced in 31 publications.
- Li Q et al. Dysregulation of SPRR3/miR-876-3p Axis Contributes to Tumorigenesis in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Onco Targets Ther 13:2411-2419 (2020). PubMed: 32273714
- Feng Y et al. LncRNA NR-104098 Inhibits AML Proliferation and Induces Differentiation Through Repressing EZH2 Transcription by Interacting With E2F1. Front Cell Dev Biol 8:142 (2020). PubMed: 32296698
- Chen MJ et al. LncRNA H19 promotes epithelial mesenchymal transition and metastasis of esophageal cancer via STAT3/EZH2 axis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 113:27-36 (2019). PubMed: 31102664
- Dai W et al. Long non-coding RNA CASC2 enhances berberine-induced cytotoxicity in colorectal cancer cells by silencing BCL2. Mol Med Rep 20:995-1006 (2019). PubMed: 31173223
- Xiong J et al. Epigenetics mechanisms mediate the miR-125a/BRMS1 axis to regulate invasion and metastasis in gastric cancer. Onco Targets Ther 12:7513-7525 (2019). PubMed: 31571904