Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2D4A5] to KSHV ORF45
- Suitable for: WB, ICC, ELISA
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-KSHV ORF45 antibody [2D4A5]
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2D4A5] to KSHV ORF45
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Ni-NTA purified recombinant human KSHV ORF45 expressed in E. Coli strain BL21 (DE3).
- TPA induced BCBL-1 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36618 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 78 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa).|
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceKaposi's sarcoma-associated herpes virus (KSHV) belongs to the gamma-herpesvirus subfamily of the Herpes viridae family and has been closely linked to the Kaposi's sarcoma, primary effusion lymphoma (PEL) and multicentric Castleman's disease. The genome of KSHV is 165-170 kb and contains at least 88 open reading frames. ORF45 protein encoded by an immediate-early gene in the KSHV genome is characterized as a phosphorylated protein, and it is localized in the cytoplasm of infected cells. Studies have shown that ORF45 Protein interacted with cellular IRF-7 and blocked virus-mediated phosphorylation and nuclear translocation of IRF-7. In consequence, ORF45 efficiently inhibited virus-induced production of type I IFN. Zhu et al (2003) reported that the ORF45 Protein was associated with purified virions.
Cellular localizationNot applicable
- HHV8 antibody
- Human herpes virus 8 antibody
- Kaposi's sarcoma herpes virus antibody
All lanes : Anti-KSHV ORF45 antibody [2D4A5] (ab36618)
Lane 1 : Molecular weight marker
Lane 2 : Recombinant KSHV ORF45 expressed in E.coli
Predicted band size: 50 kDa
Observed band size: 78 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Based on the analysis of the mRNA sequence, ORF45 is expected to encode a protein of 407 amino acids with a molecular mass of about 50 kDa. However, ORF45 was displayed as a diffuse band at the position of 78 kDa on a Western blot after SDS-PAGE. This observation implied that ORF45 might be highly post-translationally modified, resulting in its reduced mobility in denaturing SDS-PAGE. A survey of the primary amino acid sequence of ORF45 revealed multiple potential sites of phosphorylation, including a serine-rich region and other consensus sites for phosphorylation by the serine/threonine kinase, casein kinase II, and protein kinase C (Zhu & Yuan, 2003).
Immunochemistry staining of TPA-induced BCBL-1 cells, using ab36618. HRP-anti-mouse was used as the secondary antibody before colour development with DAB.
ab36618 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Gong D et al. Virus-Like Vesicles of Kaposi's Sarcoma-Associated Herpesvirus Activate Lytic Replication by Triggering Differentiation Signaling. J Virol 91:N/A (2017). WB . PubMed: 28515293
- Davis DA et al. Restoration of immune surface molecules in Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpes virus infected cells by lenalidomide and pomalidomide. Oncotarget 8:50342-50358 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28881567
- Hoshina S et al. Profile of Exosomal and Intracellular microRNA in Gamma-Herpesvirus-Infected Lymphoma Cell Lines. PLoS One 11:e0162574 (2016). PubMed: 27611973
- Botto S et al. Kaposi Sarcoma Herpesvirus Induces HO-1 during De Novo Infection of Endothelial Cells via Viral miRNA-Dependent and -Independent Mechanisms. MBio 6:e00668 (2015). PubMed: 26045540
- Lin X et al. MicroRNAs and unusual small RNAs discovered in Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus virions. J Virol 86:12717-30 (2012). PubMed: 22973026
- Abada R et al. SIAH-1 interacts with the Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus-encoded ORF45 protein and promotes its ubiquitylation and proteasomal degradation. J Virol 82:2230-40 (2008). WB . PubMed: 18077711