Product nameAnti-KSHV ORF8 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to KSHV ORF8
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to amino acids sequence of KSHV ORF8.
- TPA-induced BCBL-1 cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36599 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 68 kDa.|
RelevanceKaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV) belongs to the gamma-(2)-herpesvirus subfamily and has been closely linked to the Kaposi's sarcoma, primary effusion lymphoma (PEL) and multicentric Castleman's disease. The genome of KSHV is 165-170 kb and contains at least 88 open reading frames. KSHV ORF8 is a virion envelope-associated protein. Akula et al (2003) report it acts as a Glycoprotein B mediated signaling during virus entry. This Glycoprotein possesses the Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) motif and utilizes alpha3beta1 integrin as one of the receptors for its entry into the target cells.
- HHV 8 antibody
- Human herpesvirus 8 antibody
- Kaposi's sarcoma herpes virus antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang X et al. Male hormones activate EphA2 to facilitate Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus infection: Implications for gender disparity in Kaposi's sarcoma. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006580 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28957431) »
- Lin X et al. MicroRNAs and unusual small RNAs discovered in Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus virions. J Virol 86:12717-30 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22973026) »